Stupid Finishing Moves.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Over the years there have been some stupid wrestling moves and some of these I figured out in the 1980's. That one was....

1. Hogans leg drop. Its just a leg drop big whoop. Ultimate Warrior would lift you up and drop you, Jake had the DDT, Macho Man had a flying elbow, and even figure 4 leglocks and boston crabs were more believable. I just thought it was lame. Hell Brutus the Barbaer Beefcake had a better finisher (a sleeper hold).

2. The Peoples Elbow. Similar to 1. The Rocks peoples elbow was just an elbow. In shoot interviews he revealed he was not being serious withit and did it as a joke but he got it over.

3. The Worm, Scotty to Hotty. A stupid finisher that was over with the crowd.

4. Baron Corbins whatever it is. He basically gives himself a rock bottom.

Reactions: Solidus1

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Worm was awesome. He was a jobber, not like he was beating any one noteworthy like Benoit or taker for world titles. wrestling does not have to be serious all the time.
Foleys mandible claw was dumb but did he ever beat anyone substantial with it? I suppose his main ways of winning was the double underhook ddt and piledriver

JBan

Reaction score
Just getting this out of the way. Santino's Cobra and Scotty's Worm were amazing. Anyway, a finisher that I always disliked was the Canadian Destroyer. It's just too obvious that it's fake. Idk how many wins he got with it, but John Morrison's Flip Bottom (or whatever it's called) was also pretty dumb.

Crash

Reaction score
Over the years there have been some stupid wrestling moves and some of these I figured out in the 1980's. That one was....

1. Hogans leg drop. Its just a leg drop big whoop. Ultimate Warrior would lift you up and drop you, Jake had the DDT, Macho Man had a flying elbow, and even figure 4 leglocks and boston crabs were more believable. I just thought it was lame. Hell Brutus the Barbaer Beefcake had a better finisher (a sleeper hold).

2. The Peoples Elbow. Similar to 1. The Rocks peoples elbow was just an elbow. In shoot interviews he revealed he was not being serious withit and did it as a joke but he got it over.

3. The Worm, Scotty to Hotty. A stupid finisher that was over with the crowd.

4. Baron Corbins whatever it is. He basically gives himself a rock bottom.

1. Hogan leg drop was perfect for the 80s golden era, lots of wrestlers told that when Hogan hit the leg drop on when it meant a big payday. It was perfect with the others finisher at the time.
2. What are you talking about, The People's Elbow is awesome. Even it started as a joke, it's a perfect followup to The Rock Bottom...
3. I liked the Worm it was something different and really liked it as kid watching the WWF.
4. While I kinda agree with you, I think it looks good and is an okay finisher for a okay wrestler.

In my opinion:

The Spear : Roman's finisher, also Edge's finisher and Goldberg's signature move. It's just a fuckin' SPEAR, come on I don't hate spears but not as a Finisher... What I mean is Roman can have the spear as one of his finishing moves, but NOT as his finisher. Even Goldberg had the Jack Hammer after he did the spear. I just find a spear to be a lazy finisher.

Cobra/Socko : Santino's finisher, just a lame finisher for a lame gimmick that was not funny at all imo, looked even more silly when he put the cobra on his arm.
Mick Foley's finisher,don't get me wrong I liked the mandible claw, but when he started using a sock to do it, I thought it was just stupid...

Trip To The Batcave : Bastion Booger's finisher... he just sits on his opponent's and then he wins...

Heart punch : Ox Baker's finisher, dangerous rumored that a wrestler died from it...

Brain Chop : Great Khali's finisher, again seems dangerous and not really a good looking finisher...

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
My least favorite finisher of all time has to be Jeff Jarrett's awful finisher. What's even worse is it's similar to one of the coolest finishers - the Skull Crushing Finale - but worse in every way possible. It even has a horrible name, "The Stroke"

Crash

Reaction score
celebrate-wrestlemania-with-the-worst-finisher-of-all-time-x-gifs-9.gif

I think we know the reason why Byron Saxton became a commetator, this was his finisher in NXT...

Reactions: Death Walker

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
A finisher is where a dude reallyvmakes his money.

Analyzing a finisher is pointless because all that matters is the money not whether somebody liked it or not.
That makes no sense, it's like saying just because I robbed a guy, who cares because it worked. It's not like anyone is saying things like "Oh, The Rock should've been fired because the People's Elbow is stupid", it's just "Yeah, I didn't really think it was a cool move."

Reactions: Geek773

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
That makes no sense, it's like saying just because I robbed a guy, who cares because it worked. It's not like anyone is saying things like "Oh, The Rock should've been fired because the People's Elbow is stupid", it's just "Yeah, I didn't really think it was a cool move."
What does a "cool move" mean anyway? If it means you "felt" something, then I personally don't give a f*ck.

It makes perfect sense to me. If I did rob somebody, and it worked, who gives a f*ck if some geek thought it wasn't cool.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Crash

Reaction score
A finisher is where a dude reallyvmakes his money.

Analyzing a finisher is pointless because all that matters is the money not whether somebody liked it or not.

What does a "cool move" mean anyway? If it means you "felt" something, then I personally don't give a f*ck.

It makes perfect sense to me. If I did rob somebody, and it worked, who gives a f*ck if some geek thought it wasn't cool.

Okay... So by your logic, we don't have a right to have an opinion or a discussion about wrestling moves we like or don't like? Hell, then why even have a discussion about the wrestlers we like or do not?? Why the hell even have a forum then??? Oh and we can rob anybody, who cares "some geek will think it's not cool" hey let's just rape and kill anybody, it doesn't matter what people think. Fuck the world, nothing matters right? Oh and why the hell are we having any kind of discussion at all? We can just hit the dislike/disagree button instead of actually typing and say why we don't like or disagree.

Reactions: Doxo

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Okay... So by your logic, we don't have a right to have an opinion or a discussion about wrestling moves we like or don't like? Hell, then why even have a discussion about the wrestlers we like or do not?? Why the hell even have a forum then??? Oh and we can rob anybody, who cares "some geek will think it's not cool" hey let's just rape and kill anybody, it doesn't matter what people think. Fuck the world, nothing matters right? Oh and why the hell are we having any kind of discussion at all? We can just hit the dislike/disagree button instead of actually typing and say why we don't like or disagree.
Hey, Easy there @Brockamura. Remember what I told you?

Reactions: Red Rain