Stone Cold Steve Austin ~ ESPN Interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
ECW/TNA Invasion?

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The current issue of The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling Special, which is produced by Pro Wrestling Illustrated, has a cover story on current & past ECW talent possibly invading TNA in the future. The cover reads, "TNA To The Extreme!" The subtitle reads, "Will Paul Heyman Lead an ECW Faction To Florida?" The cover features Paul Heyman, Big Show, Lita (who was in ECW in 1999), Rob Van Dam, and Sabu.
-----

Thats...odd.

This Guy

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The current issue of The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling Special, which is produced by Pro Wrestling Illustrated, has a cover story on current & past ECW talent possibly invading TNA in the future. The cover reads, "TNA To The Extreme!" The subtitle reads, "Will Paul Heyman Lead an ECW Faction To Florida?" The cover features Paul Heyman, Big Show, Lita (who was in ECW in 1999), Rob Van Dam, and Sabu.
-----

Thats...odd.

No its not, its typical PWI. They don't post ligit wrestling stories all the time. Half the crap of there cover stories are far fetched slim chance in hell of ever happening type stories. As of right now the only two in that picutre that could goto TNA are Big Show & Lita. Neither of which probably will. Paul Heyman is expected to resign with the WWE since he is expected to get a TV role again, and RVD & Sabu? Well who knows. I still don't think RVD will leave WWE either.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, take anything you see in mags like PWI with a grain of salt. Its usually just bullshit talk to sucker the marks into buying the mag.

Markz

Reaction score
An invation would never work, and ECW would just look foolish.

3lions

Reaction score
That story is bull and just something anyone could post on here. TNA would be stupid to once again advertise their competition. RVD will re-sign with the company, as will Heyman. Big Show will go into movies or just dissappear and Sabu, well yehh, he will go to TNA. That story is bull and doesn't deserve any sort of recognition.

3lions

Reaction score
Nobody said you made it up. We are saying that the magazine made it up to increase readership.

xtremebadass

It sounds crazy, but it really is possible, however I don't think WWE would let them go, they will keep them under contract and pay them to job, just so they won't set foot in TNA

Rell

Reaction score
If it happen's it will be cool, but it most likely will not happen

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- Steve Austin spoke with ESPN.com this week to promote the release of WWE All Stars. Here are some highlights:

So how perfect of a feud would "Stone Cold" versus CM Punk have been if you were still wrestling?

When you have a storyline like that, and the way CM cuts his promos, I think it would damn sure be entertaining and fans would latch onto it. He's done well in WWE, and I think he's got bigger fish to fry and bigger things to do in that company. I look for big things from him. And damn right, that would be a good program. I would love to be a part of that.

Wrestlemania is coming up this Sunday and you're refereeing the match between Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. How did it feel the other night to dump all that beer over Cole's head?

Damn, that was fun. [laughs] Michael Cole has done a tremendous job playing the role of the heel announcer. He has that cocky swagger about him, and he's crossed that line to where now you're seeing the true Michael Cole. He's a good guy, but he's really turning it on. I've been really proud of what he's done from a work standpoint. Then you have Jerry Lawler, who is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. If you never saw him work in his prime or never saw some of his work in the Mid South, then you really missed out. He's a great talker, a great worker in the ring, and there's no better person to be in this match with Cole than Lawler. Then you have me as the referee and Jack Swagger roaming ringside and I think anything can happen that night.

When you're pouring beer on Michael Cole and the crowd is going crazy and people start to chant: "One more match," do you ever get the itch to come back for maybe one more main event?

I'll tell you what, sometimes you do, but it's just like an itch that you scratch and it goes away. We had that ring at Tough Enough, and it's the same WWE ring they use every week, and I got the chance to bounce around and take some bumps from one of the kids in the contest and gave him a few bumps. Could I still do it? Damn right I could. It may not be quite as good as I used to, but I got it out of my system. I hope people enjoy Tough Enough because I had so much fun doing it, but that's about as close as I want to be to a business that I love.

The other big storyline in WWE right now is the return of The Rock. What did you think of him getting physical with Miz and Cena on Monday night?

I thought it was great entertainment. It's good for Rock, it's good for John, it's good for Miz, and it's good for the fans. Everybody is winning all the way around. He got out of the business and went on to do what he's done and I'm proud of how successful he has become. But now that he's back, it's a win-win for everybody, but especially the fans. Whether you love him or you hate him, depending on what your opinion of Cena is, he's definitely made an impact and it will be interesting to see how this thing plays out.

I would have loved to see Austin and Punk interact as well in the past

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hell I would love for Punk and Austin to interact now in just a promo. A full blown feud though would have been gold quite easily.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Austin right now isn't taking a GTS, so that is the main drawback for me. While I would be the first to be happy to see Punk get Stunned, I'd also love the shock factor of him hitting Austin with his finisher (Cena on Rock)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't think Austin is that fragile and could probably take one if he wanted but there is the anaconda vice which wouldn't hurt him really.