Sting's Tweet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I like this idea. IMO they could still do it to an extent, but instead have Sting be the "failing" hero vs Bray - which will help put Bray over even more

EDIT: I mean IF Sting wrestles it could be a story of an old generation superstar trying to return who gets put down by the new talent. Isn't that the plot to the "The Wrestler"? lol

If Sting does sign a part-time contract to wrestle a few matches, it would be cool to see him wrestle Bray Wyatt, preferably at Wrestlemania 31. With the Undertaker most likely retired now, that opens up a spot for another legend on the show (assuming Goldberg isn't persuaded to wrestle again next year), and I'd rather see him vs Wyatt than him vs Undertaker at this point (just as long as Wyatt went over, of course... which he likely wouldn't if this was Sting's first match ever in the WWE.)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Oh, man! Can't wait for Sting's debut!!

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
King of the World match: Jericho v Sid

What could be more nostalgic and appropriate then Sid body water dripping from Sid's head lettuce. Who's more intense than that cat?
Why do I like Mark Henry? Sid is why I like Mark Henry. Mark Henry is just a fatter, blacker version of Sid Vicious.
If Sid did bust his wheel on a live feed, I'd still mark out. Not because he twisted a digit, but for the anger he'd show when he did it.

Mark Henry angry = Sid Eudy angry

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Sting in WWE:

If there's a storyline for him:

Raw GM (they don't have one right now; having the "Board" or Vince appoint Sting as a face GM for Raw or Raw and Smackdown...you know, a WWE GM) might be a solid place to create a rivalry over control between GM Sting and the Authority; imagine the angles that could result from it: WWEWHC Lesnar refuses to give Daniel Bryan a title shot even though Bryan never lost the title - in walks Sting to grant Bryan's title match; Authority lapdog Orton is attacking random folks - Sting "re-signs" CM Punk to come in (something that it wouldn't fit for HHH to do) and take care of RKO; Rusev's running roughshod over everybody - Sting comes out and forces him to have a match against "Never Say Die" John Cena; Wyatts own the Tag Championships - Sting appoints his two "painted brothers" to face them and take the titles away from them (Stardust/Goldust Tag Team Champions...:yay:).

As to the point that nobody will recognize his "old TNA jobber ass".....they recognized Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, Diesel, Booker T, Goldust, etc., over the last few years. About a year ago, WWE held a poll naming the "Best United States Champion ever". Sting was the only non-WWE recent wrestler on it and he won the poll. Having him make a debut in Richmond will help, as Virginia is close enough to JCP/WCW territory that people will be more likely to pop for him.

If he comes in on Monday, I'd expect him to be alright.

wk

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think a smarky crowd would provide a pretty good return pop. But it's not the night after WM, so the South is probably the best bet.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just to reminisce about "What Could Have Been", I keep thinking how Sting vs HHH would have made for such a great rivalry if Sting had joined the company in 2003. That was the year that Hunter (during his infamous "reign of terror") was running through every former WCW wrestler (Scott Steiner, Booker T., Kevin Nash, Goldberg... although he at least dropped the title to Goldberg for a few months), so who better than Sting, WCW's franchise player, to come in and challenge and finally beat HHH for the World Heavyweight Championship, a title that was designed in the likeness of the old WCW World Title (i.e the Big Gold Belt.)

Add in the fact that Evolution was sort of a latter-day version of the Four Horsemen (whom Sting had history with) and Sting's greatest nemesis Ric Flair was right there by Hunter's side as well, and you would have had the quintessential feud for both men at the time. One more Sting/Flair match wouldn't have hurt, and Sting vs Orton would have made sense for the fact that Orton would have his sights set on another legend to kill.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The past could have been great, but at present I'd rather see Hogan in ring ffs. Sting is too big to rope down into the ring and he's still a plus sized princess in a t-shirt next to anyone. You couldn't sell me Sting beating Heath Slater at this point.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Considering the people who are making the tweets it has to be the 2k15 roster 'reveal'

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Sting is too babyface for my liking. If he could still semi-work the ring I'd buy this deal.
This will be similar (but not quite the same) as when Goldberg (and other WCW stars) arrived.
The expectation is that he's got this star power (and they do) but it dwindles, because WWE just isn't for them

Scott Steiner, Sting, Goldberg, Lance Storm just aren't WWE material.
We could chalkboard all day of how they didn't adjust, but that just isn't the entire story

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Maybe he is just stuck in TNA PR's style, and it means absolutely nothing at all.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
My guess is he'll be running an angle with Seth Rollins with a possible element in the form of Dean Ambrose.
Both Ambrose and Flair are insane, so that might be fun should they find it necessary to assault an article of clothing.

Reactions: TheArabHammer