Sting's heel turn really hassnt made in Impact as it should have

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
There are a few reason why he has made a big splash as a heel

I don't think Sting has had enough of an in-your-face role in the Main Event Mafia to get over as a heel, he's Champion but I always have my doubts over how long he'll last in the MEM, as it's Kurt Angle who's the orchestrator and the guy who calls the shots. It's a shame Sting barely gets mic time, now he's in the MEM. Especially because he was the one who started the fight for respect. I know he has a special role inside the MEM, but still as the WHC, he should get more tv time.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah, they're stuck on him just standing back and watching his "boys" do all the work. How are they expecting someone to be the heel world champ, whos the leader of the heel stable, to get heel boos when he doesn't do anything. It's not like it wouldn't be hard to turn him back to face again.

And if the big plan is for him to turn back heel, it'd be stupid for him to go the Frontline and they accept him in. Sting started the war, and it'd make scene for the one who starts the war, who's the leader of the other side, to all of a sudden say "Hey, guys im outa here" and jump ship to the former enemy and they accept him with open arms. He can try and go with them, but they shouldn't accept him in.

chavoheat

Reaction score
As a heel leader, it makes sense if he doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Let the pawns go first.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I figured he didn't do any of the heel stuff because he's trying to be more of a tweener. We know how much Sting doesn't want to be an actual heel.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah TNA is sorta dropping the ball here by not having him do anything heelish with the group. But then again when your Sting you pretty much don't have to do anything I guess expect win the title every year at Bound For Glory hold it awhile then lose it then repeat that later on that year. I'm a huge TNA fan and all but really now come on if Sting is gonna be with the heels I want to see him do some heel things like be in all the beat downs. Talk the trash about who is gonna be next and all that.

ChosenOne

Reaction score
The same can be said in 1999. That was a terrible heel run for Sting that lasted, what three months tops? The problem with the current situation in TNA is that Sting is second fiddle to Angle even though he is the champion. Having the champion answer to someone else in the group hurts his image as a heel.

That's my opinion.

1chiban

Reaction score
Sting isn't the leader, Angle is. Sting just joined because of the whole respect thing. I suppose we are meant to think that Sting is concerned by the 'hits' being carried out by the rest of the MEM. He'll turn back face again and have a run with Angle for the belt at some point I expect.

ChosenOne

Reaction score
Sting isn't the leader, Angle is. Sting just joined because of the whole respect thing. I suppose we are meant to think that Sting is concerned by the 'hits' being carried out by the rest of the MEM. He'll turn back face again and have a run with Angle for the belt at some point I expect.

That's my point. He is the champion, he is "better" than Angle. Why should the character be second fiddle. Whether he joined or formed the group isn't the point.

Hogan joined the NWO with Hall and Nash and became the leader. He was champion, and they answered to him, not the other way around.

1chiban

Reaction score
I suppose it'll end with Sting failing to get respect from Angle causing the break. The different motives will emerge - it's all about respect for Sting adn all about power and violence for Angle and co.

Don't forget that Sting's whole 'respect' crap began when Joe was beating mercilessly on Booker, just like what Angle and co. seem to be doing to their enemies now.

That will cause Sting to change his mind somewhere down the line. Whether he'll join the Front Line is another matter, but the whole storyline's been blown imo. Should've just been the young guys vs the older guys. But I guess TNA wanted to get 3D and Rhyno involved in a major storyline. I'm bemused that the other championships aren't involved in the storyline. I mean Alex shelley's thing with Foley has kinda died, hasn't it?

ChosenOne

Reaction score
I agree. How Rhyno, who did win the ECW World Championship wasn't put in the MEM faction is beyond me. And having Team 3-D with the Frontline is pointless, doesnt really go with their bullyish gimmick they've had.

Is it so hard for their to be a young vs. old feud and have the young guys go over?

1chiban

Reaction score
Maybe they knew Samoa Joe would be taking time off to care for his new baby, so that's whay they brought them into it?

It just makes no sense. One minute 3D are getting Kurt Angle dates, the next they hate each other?

PLus, aren't Creed, Lethal, Young, ODB etc. meant to be in the Front Line too? How come they hardly ever get involved?!

Moonlight Drive

It just makes no sense. One minute 3D are getting Kurt Angle dates, the next they hate each other?

PLus, aren't Creed, Lethal, Young, ODB etc. meant to be in the Front Line too? How come they hardly ever get involved?!
This is TNA, not making sense has become their trademark.

noumenon

^Yessir.
I think TNA is just rushing to ring Sting out for all he's got. This will probably be his last year with the business so they figured they'd go with as many different story lines and gimmicks as they could. I'm sure we'll see a return to face Sting sooner than later.
TBH, he's more of just a centerpiece for MEM rather than a mouth piece. I'm sure it'll boil down to them just wanting him there because he's got the title.

LKP

Plus, aren't Creed, Lethal, Young, ODB etc. meant to be in the Front Line too? How come they hardly ever get involved?!

Because there is more charisma and size in the boogeyman that those lot. Abyss should be in the front line along with daniels etc. People should care about people getting destroyed not people whoa re boring faces with no charisma. Tna are starting to go the way wcw did in its final year all tits up.

On the sting front, tna know hes on his last legs and they are getting him in these 8 minute matches to protect him for his final match up with angle at slammiversary in june. Sting should turn face the impact before that event. Build it up more and make people actually give a shit about it and tna.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
Stings Heel turn hasnt been a turn at all he still talking bout respect and his buddies off doin heel things all it is is that they dont wana turn him heel fully which would add new life to the guy in all honesty i did like the idea of the goin for the godfather like persona of him not doin the beat downs