Stings contract with TNA is up in March

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dejuan

Jobber
Reaction score
Sting already admitted his dream match would be to face Taker at Wrestlemainia
I want this shit to happen
5a2d21de58550a74af7f6398d607fce5.jpg

1e8f4312f99f8da3940cc1efb3f3d29c.png

9ef0daaf3b62366794a330a2a3a16c58.jpg

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Is it really a dream match anymore? I know it once was heck I would've marked my ass off but now I'm not sure it'd be so great.

Dejuan

Jobber
Reaction score
i think for this one more last big bang...they would go all out for

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
No thanks. Maybe years ago it would have been good but I think the ship has sailed.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
This stopped being a dream match a long time ago. Don't understand why people still bring this up year after year.
Because scorpion death lock paint trench coat still wears a shirt over his gear to prevent man boobs from showing vs dead man is obviously a high priority

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
This stopped being a dream match like 4 years ago when Sting could still go, His match with Magnus at BFG seems like the realisation that he cant keep up that pace any more.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I agree with others that the ship has sailed as far as this being a legitimate dream match goes. Plus, Taker's time is limited and with only maybe two or three Wrestlemania matches left in the tank, I'd rather see them spent in matches and feuds with the likes of Lesnar and Cena than with Sting.

To me, this match would have been best if it had happened during the WCW Invasion storyline (or even after) because there's similarities between the two guys as far as being the "consciousness" of WWF and WCW goes. Undertaker and Sting were the ones who were the most ferociously loyal to their respective companies and were pretty much the two principal guys you could point to in either promotion who you could count on never jumping to the competition and neither ever did. That would have been a cool thing to market their feud around (it wouldn't feel as special harping on that kind of stuff today.) The fact that their gimmicks wouldn't have been as compatible at that point (due to Taker playing his more humanized American Bad Ass persona) wouldn't have really mattered because Sting's Crow gimmick was hardly mysterious anymore by that point either. He wasn't the silent warrior who stayed in the shadows any longer, he had already become just like the old Sting once 1998 arrived, just in different face paint.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to see that, honestly. I think the time for that match has already passed.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
This stopped being a dream match a long time ago. Don't understand why people still bring this up year after year.
Still a dream match for me. Would it have been better 10 years ago? Yea, no shit. But just the entrances alone would have me marking, and while neither is anything what they used to be physically, both move well for men their age and both know how to tell a story. The crowd would lop it up.

I'm not going to be disappointed when it never happens, but if it somehow did I'd be hyped and anyone saying otherwise is just an IWC bitch ass

Reactions: Testify

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
No.

I do not want Sting to finally make his debut to the WWE, just to be fed to the Undertaker's streak. That would be cridgeworthy to watch, and I highly doubt they will have Sting break the streak. I wouldn't be as mad if Sting did end the streak, but even then I bet the match itself will be a bit poor.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
No.

I do not want Sting to finally make his debut to the WWE, just to be fed to the Undertaker's streak. That would be cridgeworthy to watch, and I highly doubt they will have Sting break the streak. I wouldn't be as mad if Sting did end the streak, but even then I bet the match itself will be a bit poor.
I don't see why the match has to be poor. Was Hogan/Andre poor? Was Rock/Hogan poor? Iconic matches don't have to be fast paced technical wizadry to be great matches.

Reactions: seabs

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I don't see why the match has to be poor. Was Hogan/Andre poor? Was Rock/Hogan poor? Iconic matches don't have to be fast paced technical wizadry to be great matches.
*wizardry