Sting vs Joe?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

Sting vs Joe at BFG, I ask, why? I mean they could have had alot great matches between Sting and Jarret but for some reason they go with Sting to face Joe. Booker T would be a sensible option and maybe Kurt considering he was the one screwed out of the title. But Sting? They have waisted so many match opportunities there. They better come up with some cool storyline quick if they want a real grudge match. And they have seemed to lay off AJ vs Kurt for a while. TNA, what are you doing?

Soulpower

I don't think this match will be any good. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how a guy that rarely wrestles can main event TNA's "Biggest PPV of the year" three years in a row. I'm hoping that Joe wins, but since its TNA, I'm going to say that Sting wins the title in a match filled with shitty swerves, and run-ins.

While all of this happens, the fans in Chicago will be booing heavily.

Acideyez

Reaction score
I personally think this match will just be a transitional match to further setup a Jarrett vs Sting feud. Joe will retain no doubt there. Then Joes next championship feud will most likely be against Booker. I'm sure they will have an angle saying something like, if Booker could've made it to the ppv, then perhaps he would've been the new champ or something along that line.

Beer

I disagree. A match like that, at Bound For Glory, :nonono: that is what No Surrender is for.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I figure Sting will win the title then just drop back to Joe at the next ppv letting the storyline of the old vs the new get it's legs

chessarmy

Sting makes the most sense. I am not thrilled with the idea of having Sting main event Bound For Glory for a third strait time, but who knows? Maybe this could turn out great. My hope is that this is Sting's final match, Joe beats him, they shake hands in the middle of the ring and the legacy of "The Icon" comes to an end

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I really hate Sting in TNA now, and him being in the Main Event Scene in General is pretty wack. It would be nice seeing him feud with some of the younger guys or someone like Booker, without a title on the line. I'd much rather see Joe vs AJ, Joe vs Angle again, or against Christian, where the feud can be long term without any crappy "disappearances"

The Rated R CMStar

In fact, and even if the match would have sucked, the match that makes the most sense is Samoa Joe vs Kevin Nash, but with Nash probably leaving, then Sting also makes sense.

I would have liked to see card with Jarret vs Angle, Sting vs AJ and Booker vs Samoa Joe though

xtremebadass

I have been against this since day 1. Everyone can vouch I have been trash talking this main event for months now. I can think of 5 matches that would have destroyed this one...

1. AJ vs. Kurt vs. Joe
2. AJ vs. Kurt
3. AJ vs. Sting
4. Joe vs. Jarrett
5. Joe vs. Nash

Anything but Joe vs. Sting, that sucks nuts. I have to see it LIVE too...thank god for Jarrett vs. Angle

Angle123

Reaction score
Nash/Joe would have been the most logical, but I have no desire to ever see Nash wrestle again!

JayScorpion

Reaction score
i gotta say that "gimmick" or not, everything that STING has been sayin on impact! has been aimed right at guys like CARLITO and he's 100% right! go STINGER! he better be the tna champ after BFG.

Nation

What the fuck are you guys smoking? Seriously. I know it doesn't make sense that Sting is main eventing Bound For Glory but im loving this storyline. What was TNA to do? Booker T has been acting really gay lately with this african king gimmick and his fued with Joe failed. Angle and Jarrett are currently in a dream fued that i have been waiting for. Christian is kinda lost now and while Joe vs Cage would be good it shouldn't happen at BFG. We've already seen them have a fued. Choosing Nash would be Blue. AJ Styles would have been good but TNA has failed to take advantage of the push he recieved from Angle. Sting is by far the best pick. It's a dream match for most people and new and fresh. Sting has been fucking delivering classic promo after classic promo. Joe has also stepped up his game. The match itself might not be a "classic" but the fued is amazing. For a while now i have been unimpressed with Joe but his fued with Sting is changing my mind. If TNA fucks this up i riot. No run ins no bullshit ending. Just a fucking classic fued.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Seriously, people are excited for Jarrett/Angle? Wow.... I don't care for Jarrett one way or the other, so I'm indifferent to his match against Angle. I'm looking forward to Joe/Sting, though I'm wondering what AJ will be doing.

Beer Money Army

i dont think sting/joe will be no better than a ** 1/2

Sting has been known for not being ready for big matches... i.e. Vs Hogan starrcade 97, Vs Jarrett BFG 06......

I personally Think Christian cage or AJ Styles deserve the shot as I think they have been TNA 2008 Most outstanding performers on the roster...(u could add angle to that list)

But angle/joe has been done so many times, so it would be stupid to do it on BFG.. Out of Joe/cage and Styles/Joe i think joe/Cage would sell better, I think Styles lacks a bit in Promo's still...

But sting doesn't deserve anything in TNA... yes he is a Legend, but after WCW, what has sting really do in the pro wrestling business.. WCW was big at the time and anyone that made success in the time of it won't make a huge impact in 2008 or if they would, WWE would have them anyway....

But Sting hasn't done much for TNA, if he was a true Legend he was give into the sports and helps these young talent... That's what flair/HHH did for Orton/batista, race did for vader in wcw, benoit did for MVP...

I just hope sting isn't the man to knock off Samoa joe... because it could be the thing that could turn alot of people off the show...