Sting Talks Jeff Hardy and Wrestlemania 27

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
TNA legend Sting (a/k/a Steve Borden) spoke with Kevin Eck of the Baltimore Sun's Ring Posts blog about many issues such as Jeff Hardy and Wrestlemania 27.

About the Jeff Hardy Debacle at Victory Road
"I want to be careful with my words here because I really like Jeff Hardy," Sting said. "I’m hoping he can come back because that guy is so talented, but he has personal issues in his life and it just became too much for him, too overwhelming, and he just couldn’t cope and didn’t know how to handle it.

"So he made some bad choices and he’s having to deal with those choices and the consequences now. I hear he’s doing much, much better. Last I heard, he was riding his bike 10 miles a day and just getting in great shape and his life was getting in some kind of order...

Sting was also asked whether it's true that no one seemed to know what was going on with Hardy at Victory Road until shortly before the match. "That’s pretty accurate. I’d say a good 45 minutes to an hour before the match actually happened, things started to deteriorate, and I just went, “Oh, boy.†I kept hoping maybe somehow or another he’ll come to his senses and snap out of it, but it didn’t happen. It was just out of hand and I didn’t have a choice other than to do what I did."

On Whether He Was Close to Signing With WWE
"Yes, I was contacted by WWE people," Sting said. "The vignettes I can honestly tell you that I do not understand that one even now, unless it was some kind of deal where they were just trying to test the waters, I really don’t know, because so many people were saying, “I hope it’s Sting, I hope it’s Sting.'

"I thought, 'Gosh, I wonder if they’re going to shoot themselves in the foot there by making this choice, because if things do not work out, why did they do it to begin with?' I had all kinds of things going through my head. But, yeah, I was very, very close to going up there, and I believe there probably would have been something with Undertaker. That was the word at least." To read the full interview, visit BaltimoreSun.

Still think he should of took the deal with the WWE, as his runs in TNA have become real stale. Would love to see him take the offer again if it's offered, cause really it might be his last year where it's still possible.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's really the only interesting thing left for him to do in wrestling. Would be a very huge deal if Sting came in even if it wasn't to face Taker even though that is the big match up there. Just too afraid that WWE won't totally kiss his ass like TNA has done.