Sting Responds To Comments From Bret Hart

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
AEW star Sting took to Twitter today and responded to praise from another WWE Hall of Famer - Bret Hart.

The Stinger was responding to comments The Hitman made during a 2016 episode of his Sharpshooter Show podcast, which were tweeted by a fan this past week.

Hart said at the time, "Sting was a class guy, just a first-rate guy. Great guy to work with. A real friend. Never saw any ounce of ego. Just a team player all the way and I always had a lot of respect for him. He really made coming to work fun."

Sting responded just this week and said the feeling is mutual.

"The feeling is mutual, @BretHart. Enjoyed working with you. Great finisher! My one regret is I never got to see a Stinger cartoon from you," he wrote, joking about the Sharpshooter vs. the Scorpion Death Lock.

Sting and Hart wrestled against each other and teamed up several times in WCW during the late 1990s. Their last TV match came on November 21, 1999 at the WCW Mayhem pay-per-view. That match saw Hart defeat Sting by submission, to advance to the finals of the tournament for the vacant WCW World Heavyweight Title. Hart later won the main event that night for the title, by defeating Chris Benoit. Hart would go on to retain the World Heavyweight Title over Sting at two WCW live events - December 3 and December 4, 1999. That was the last time they shared a ring.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/12/sting-responds-to-comments-from-bret-hart-678505/

Bret Hart is right about Sting. He doesn't have an ego like the others. Though, there is one thing. I would have loved to see a Stinger cartoon. But this is not surprising. Both Bret and Sting have always liked each other. Had nothing but respect for one another.

MrFlash

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Favorite Wrestler
jerrylynn
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
It great that two of my all time favorite wrestlers have that respect for one another, too often legends in the business take pot shots at each other over petty ego. Thinking about it Sting is usually always loved by everyone that speaks about him, the only negative person I've heard talk about him was Vampiro whining that sting wouldn't give him more in their feud back in the WCW days.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Kinda funny that he responded to a 4 year old comment just now, but, yeah, without personally knowing Sting, just going by years of watching wrestling in general, never recall hearing anything bad about him in any light, really. Easy to lose yourself when you get big and famous, always refreshing to hear about the guys and girls who never let it get to their heads.

Reactions: MrFlash

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock