Steve Austin says he has not been contacted for WrestleMania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtg3ndizodkymzg0nti0mdq3.jpg

Steve Austin has addressed his possible involvement at WrestleMania 39.

Austin told The Wrestling Classic that he hasn't heard from WWE regarding the event. He also said that he believes the company should focus on its current roster at this year's show.

Austin said:

You know, I haven't heard anything. We're literally, as we speak right now, it's about two weeks away and it's the biggest show of the year. Right now, I think WWE has got as good a roster that they've had since the Attitude Era. They got a deep roster.
So, I think so many guys and gals need those coveted sports. They've got plenty of names to draw from. Plenty of talent to draw from. I think they should shine the light and the cameras on their current Superstars.

However, Austin would respond, "To be determined" when asked about possibly making an appearance at the event.

Our own Dave Meltzer noted in January that Austin had turned down offers to wrestle at the event. Previous reports stated that he was offered a match against Brock Lesnar.

Meltzer said:

“As far as Austin goes, Steve might be at the show. I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised at all. He might do something on the show, but he did in fact turn down wrestling at the show," Meltzer said. "He was offered [Brock] Lesnar, he was offered Roman Reigns. He could have named his opponent if he wanted to do it with anybody else, but he did not choose to wrestle on the show.”

A new A&E series featuring Steve Austin is set to start airing soon. Stone Cold Takes On America's first episode is scheduled for Sunday, April 30. The series will follow Austin as he travels in an RV and accepts challenges from fans that push him "out of his comfort zone."

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Really? I thought he was offered a match with Brock AND Roman

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Not so sure if I believe him or not, but it's his word so it is what it is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Another one for the rasslin media :L:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
He’s not wrong when he says they should focus on the talent they have and give them some shine. As much as I love Austin, I’d be okay if he wasn’t there.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It appears "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's in-ring days have officially come to an end in WWE or anywhere for that matter.

Austin told NBC Los Angeles that while he loves his relationship with WWE, he doesn't miss being in the mix on a regular basis -- although he sounded open to return for appearances.

"Coming back to do something from time to time is fine, because I love my relationship with WWE, but my days in the ring are done. Although, I did do the main event at WrestleMania last year in Dallas but that was kind of a fluke and we pulled it off," he said. "It’s good to be back and see some of the faces, but I’ve been gone for a long time and I do not miss it."

Austin returned at the first night of last year's WrestleMania 38 in Dallas, Texas, confronting Kevin Owens during an interview segment that turned into a no holds barred match. It was Austin's first in-ring action since 2003's WrestleMania.

Austin said he has been focused on other business opportunities like with his Broken Skull beer line and Kawasaki.

He said he hasn't got a call to be at next weekend's WrestleMania 39 in Los Angeles as he's been working on his new TV show with A&E, but that "anything can happen."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm fine with that. Just give me those appearances where he can have a nice little back and forth promo before hitting the stunner and we're good.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I wouldn't cry over a whole Wrestlemania weekend without a single legend. Let the future shine.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Idk why legends even do interviews like this. If it’s a surprise then it’s a surprise. Obviously if WWE wants to keep it a surprise then Stone Cold is not gonna reveal whether he was contacted or not. Him saying he wasn’t doesn’t really mean anything lol cause he could just be saving it

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
workers work brother

Reactions: Wiseman

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I guess he was contacted after all lol shocking
“I haven’t spoken to this, but I’ll give you the story,” says Austin. “I met with some people from WWE. We talked about the possibility of me wrestling at WrestleMania 39. The biggest thing in my mind was the presentation and what kind of match it was going to be. Going back to 38, the way the KO thing was presented—I love KO—I turned that down three, four, five times until the creative finally came to what it ended up being. I didn’t want it constructed as a real match, per se. I needed something that could turn into one, and it did, but I think that’s why we got away with it. The Dallas crowd was very receptive. I hadn’t been around, so the timing was right.“
But to do a proper match, I’d have to be in off-the-charts shape. I told them, and this is the exact truth, I said, ‘Guys, I’m just fixin’ to go into production on this show, Stone Cold Takes on America, and until we start production, I don’t know what my life looks like. I can’t commit.’ Sure enough, there were technical issues before we finished. I was supposed to finish a month before we did. There’s no way, with the schedule I was doing—driving an RV all over God’s creation, doing all I was doing—that I would be ready. I had two 30-pound dumbbells, a 45-pound sandbag, and a 25-pound kettlebell. Working 15 hours a day, then getting in a 30- or 40-minute workout, that doesn’t get you ready for WrestleMania. And I was really protected at WrestleMania 38. This time, that wasn’t going to be the case. That was a true statement: Until this show was over, I couldn’t commit.”

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Probably to work with LA Knight

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well if he really was open to it and didn’t do it because of scheduling I feel like there’s a good chance he works WM40

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler