Stephanie McMahon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Does or Doesn't like Stephanie?

• Like her

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Hate her

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Feel free to add ur opinion as to whether or Not u like Steph. What's ur reason for NOT liking her?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I like her as a person. And I like some aspects of her character. But her theme music should never open a Monday Night Raw - watch an episode where it does: the cheering and excitement of the crowd just completely leaves the room. Also she should stop slapping men randomly.

Reactions: Death Walker

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I used to really respect her as a character and her ability to cut a promo but over time I just realized that she's barely playing anyone but herself. To me she's just a fake person, I don't know. It's hard to describe but she seems like she tries really hard to play a nice person, but in disguise she's still this egotistical narcissist. She puts herself in front of everything positive going on in the wrestling world, whether it be charity work (which is still a scam, don't forget about it) or huge announcements for storylines. And, on top of that, won't shut up about those announcements for weeks, months or even years if she has to. Most recently adding herself to the women's rumble announcing team because apparently making a big deal out of the announcement of the match wasn't enough attention for her.
I also dislike this "female empowering" role she's playing by basically playing down every male (or idiotically) female on the roster in just 1 segment. People who come to mind are Batista, who voiced his frustration over the slapping incidents on Twitter before, Big Show, Bryan, Seth Rollins or even, their priced possession of the women's division, Charlotte. All so that Steph can pat herself on the shoulder and go "look at me, look at me and how great I am". In Interviews she tries to cover it up by saying that her purpose on TV is to put people over by finally getting back at her after all the bad things she's done.. but I've never actually seen her catch any sort of real payback, she just talks a lot of shit about a wrestler and then just wouldn't let him/her touch her ever after that.

Then come the backstage stories of her having her way with employees and yelling at certain people for no fucking reason other than to be Stephanie McMahon. Many people give Triple H shit for "marrying" himself into this business but tbh I'm so thankful he did because if Vince was gonna give Stephanie full control of the business, we'd be having a rough time with many "lady ball" segments, her god awful clothing style and general Stephanie centered shenanigans.

To wrap it up, she's never really helped the product in any way, shape or form in my eyes. The only thing I remember her doing was helping Cena develop that rapper gimmick but besides that, she's not creative, nor is she a big help on screen either. I mean, I'm not an insider but after seeing how they handled this "women's revolution", I feel confident enough in saying that Triple H is the brains in this operation and Steph just jumps in when there's credit to be taken

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I just don't want to see or hear her on WWE programming...

That's not liking or hating I know...I just find all the McMahon's
boring & pathetic.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
15QvxrI.jpg

stepphh.jpg

zdv.jpg

60.jpg

stephanie_mcmahon_pink_shirt_big_boobs_OgocaqA.jpg

0YmlTB.gif

in her peak she was the goat

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I grew up watching wrestling, and Steph is just a few years older than me. So needless to say when she first started appearing on TV I immediately had a huge crush on her.

I think she's beautiful and keeps getting better with age.

I actually believe she is a genuinely nice person, and that is why her heel millionaire businesswoman persona comes off as awkward. I don't see her having a mean bone in her body.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I like her overall.

I, too, grew up when she started appearing more on tv. So I used to really enjoy seeing her on there when I was, you know, 12 or 13 years old. She was hot lol. Still a great looking woman and I would have to agree with @collim1 in saying she's probably a very nice person which is why her heel gimmick comes off so corny and annoying.

Reactions: Death Walker

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't like her but I don't hate her, I just don't care for her. I find her annoying most of the time and feel she hinders a segment more than she helps it. I also don't like that she plays a "face" but constantly comes off as a heel with how she acts and talks. The whole using charity as a marketing tool kind of tipped the boat for me with her. Since then, I lost respect.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I still like Steph, sorry. And I think she does a good enough job to make people dislike her that we create threads like this and I applaud her for that.

You know, people got into this silly good heat/ bad heat debate and I have always hated this. Heat is heat in my book. People think heels should have "good heat" which basically means they are likable bad guys. As the great Colonel Potter would say:

download.jpg

Bad guys are the people you're supposed to hate so in my view, if you hate Steph, she does her job better than most heels.

Reactions: Gman003

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I still like Steph, sorry. And I think she does a good enough job to make people dislike her that we create threads like this and I applaud her for that.

You know, people got into this silly good heat/ bad heat debate and I have always hated this. Heat is heat in my book. People think heels should have "good heat" which basically means they are likable bad guys. As the great Colonel Potter would say:

View attachment 4709

Bad guys are the people you're supposed to hate so in my view, if you hate Steph, she does her job better than most heels.
200.gif

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

View attachment 4709

Good heat is a heel doing their job.

Bad heat is either a match is boring, or the heel is pissing the audience off in another way (by not doing their job basically). Example of bad heat.

1. A bad/offensive gimmick. These are usually race based now (see Jinder and his insults towards Nakamura). Heels are supposed to piss people off, not offend them at a personal level by being irritating in a bad way.

2. The perosn is just irritating, Stephanie tends to fall into this category.

3. The heel sucks the air out of the room (HHH/Steph do this a lot).

4. The heel never get comeuppance. VInce did this he literally pissed his pants and got smackled around by Austin. Stephanie barely takes a bump when she gets he comeuppance.

5. Heel authority figures. These exist to get the wrestlers over (eg Bischoff+ NWO or VInce vs Austin). They are not there to get themselves over. HHH and Steph fail here.

Steph and HHH often castrate/undermine the faces. This is fine if they build towards something but it rarely builds anyone up these days (see Mick Foley).

Good heat is things like Miz, Elias, HBK playing the crowd in Montreal, the Rock etc. Bad heat is when they are booing the wrestler personally or the performance not the character. eg Buff Bagwell vs Booker T 2001. RAW 25 is also bad heat- people were asking for refunds.

If you piss of the audience in character that is great, if you piss them off IRL they are less likely to buy merch, tickets, renew the WWE network, order a PPV (in the old days) etc.

At its most basic people want to see a heel get smacked down, if they become cool or otherwise get over turn them face.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
But the thing is, Stephanie is a face. So by definition, she is not doing a good job.