Stephan Bonnar Wants To Fight Forrest Griffin Again After Coaching Stint On TUF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Without question the sport of MMA would not be where it is today without the performance of light heavyweights Stephan Bonnar and Forrest Griffin in their historic meeting at the first Ultimate Fighter Finale. The two brawled for fifteen solid minutes, opening the eyes of casual fans who were quickly captivated by the heart and technique displayed by both.
Bonnar and Griffin went at it again inside the Octagon a little over a year later and also turned in an entertaining effort but have since gone their separate ways inside the organization. However, Bonnar is hoping for one last go at Griffin given the six-year span since their last bout and fan-friendly nature of the pairing. Were that not enough, he’s also lobbying for the fight to come after serving as opposing coaches on TUF and is willing to make some special exceptions to help facilitate the process.

“I would like to fight Forrest again, and if they were kind enough to make us coaches then in the contract I would sign right there that I will A.) Not go for any takedowns, B.) Not block any punches, and C.) Always move forward,” Bonnar half-joked as a guest this week on HDNet’s Inside MMA.

Griffin is currently scheduled to face Tito Ortiz in July, while Bonnar’s schedule is clear at the moment with his last fight marking the third in a series of wins, coming in November against Kyle Kingsbury.

[video=youtube;JQa6CIz_uYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQa6CIz_uYo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I could Actually see this happening, the fight I think would be a lock to happen but not sure about the coaching of TUF but maybe, as the UFC is doing 2-3 Ultimate Fighters per year now.

Last edited:

HB_Punk

Reaction score
I really think Bonnar would beat the Forrest of today, this would be a great send off match for him after he beats Tito.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I agree about Bonnar beating Forrest, but I'm thinking that Tito is going to win that fight at UFC 148 with Griffin. Then after that, Forrest/Bonnar fight again and Tito retires(Hopefully, but I highly doubt it)

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I agree with both of you, Bonnar would trash Griffin.

In fact, I think Bonnar is above a fight like that anyway, he should be against a Shogun/Machida in his next fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd like a Bonnar-Machida fight a lot, both guys haven't fought in a while so I'd like to see it on an upcoming card.