Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I was thinking of this the other day too. I think anyone can be made into a star, if they get the right push frm the company, but they wont STAY as stars unless they have the ability and talent to connect with the fans. You have people like Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas and Benoit and Malenko, who had all the TECHNICAL ability anyone could ever want, but they didnt or dont have the charisma to become a huge star. The fans just dont relate to them. Then you had Cryme Tyme, who had decent skills and tons of charisma, and that still didnt work for them because they had fan support, but no push from the writers/bookers. I think you have to have the right gimmick at the right time in the right place with the right push and then, as so often happens, the tide changes, either with booking or the fans, and you have to be quick on your feet, and be able to turn things in your favor to your advantage before you get bowled over and forgotten. Rock, Austin, Hogan etc all had one more thing in common. They all had something unique and marketable that the fans could identify them with, a trademark if you will. You have to have some quality that sets you apart from everyone else so you dont get lost in all the other superstars trying to be successfull the same way you are.

Ive heard alot of people say that anyone could have pulled of Undertakers gimmick but I find that impossible to believe. I cant think of anyone, from any time period in wrestling that could have done as good a job at that gimmick as he has. Because to be honest, The Deadman gimmick is kind of far fetched and cheesy if you think about it. If it had never been done before and someone suggested it now, I think all of us would laugh at them. Its a great example of how far you can take something if you give the right person the right gimmick. The wrestlers that made it big arent actors tbh, because that would mean they portrayed their characters. The Undertaker IS The Undertaker. Triple H IS The Game. That they can become these characters is why they are so great, and why they are huge stars. Anyone can make something work for a little while. Undertaker has been Undertaker for 15+ years now and has had to develop and adapt and remake his gimmick multiple times, which is a testament to just how talented he is. The best actors of all time had only to play their role for as long as it takes to make a film. Could any of them have lived the role, staying at the top of the of their game and keeping people interested and making people believe in what they were trying to sell for such an extended period of time? I highly doubt it.

And I do belive I have ranted long enough. Got a bit carried away. My apologies everyone.