Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Arty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Just watched the SLK vs Natsupoi match and my god was it a really excellent match, honestly one of the matches of the tournament so far for me. It's clear that they both had chemistry with each other as shown in their previous match, and they really did give it their best here. I have been impressed with how much of an excellent heel SLK has shown herself to be, she just plays the character so well with everything from her mannerisms to her in ring work to everything else.

I also think this title win plays really well with the idea of her becoming better after leaving STARS and joining OT, I would be interested to see how they play it when she meets Mayu.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just watched the SLK vs Natsupoi match and my god was it a really excellent match, honestly one of the matches of the tournament so far for me. It's clear that they both had chemistry with each other as shown in their previous match, and they really did give it their best here. I have been impressed with how much of an excellent heel SLK has shown herself to be, she just plays the character so well with everything from her mannerisms to her in ring work to everything else.

I also think this title win plays really well with the idea of her becoming better after leaving STARS and joining OT, I would be interested to see how they play it when she meets Mayu.

Yeah it was great no doubt and it's deserving she's been with Stardom and learned the hard way. Alot of people don't know Maya was once High Speed Champion in 2015 and she held it for 500 days and had once Defense which is crazy to think about. Maybe now finally Stardom has a plan for the Title because Natsupoi had one Title Defense and she's had it for over 179 days. Should be an emotional Match for her for sure but all roads to another War with AZM.

Reactions: Arty

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I've been wanting to get into Stardom for a while, but it has always been an issue due to time zones, access, and time. I did see highlights before in late 2019 as I got interested in Hana Kimura as she had such a unique look (and sadly we know what happened).

I've seen some primers on Youtube, but my knowledge is very surface level.

Any tips/advice? Any wrestlers I should keep an eye on?

Also:

HOW ON EARTH STARLIGHT KID IS A HEEL!? SHE LOOKS LIKE THE PUREST LUCHA BABYFACE EVER! I KNOW THERE WAS A MATCH WHERE SHE WAS FORCED TO JOIN OT, BUT HOW HAS SHE EMBRACED VILLAINY!?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Heel Starlight Kid is best for business

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I've been wanting to get into Stardom for a while, but it has always been an issue due to time zones, access, and time. I did see highlights before in late 2019 as I got interested in Hana Kimura as she had such a unique look (and sadly we know what happened).

I've seen some primers on Youtube, but my knowledge is very surface level.

Any tips/advice? Any wrestlers I should keep an eye on?

Also:

HOW ON EARTH STARLIGHT KID IS A HEEL!? SHE LOOKS LIKE THE PUREST LUCHA BABYFACE EVER! I KNOW THERE WAS A MATCH WHERE SHE WAS FORCED TO JOIN OT, BUT HOW HAS SHE EMBRACED VILLAINY!?

Don't worry we all gotta start somewhere and if anyone needs a place to watch Stardom I can pm a Place to watch Stardom. Starlight Kid came up the hard way learning as did AZM when Io Shirai and Kairi Sane were still with with the Company. This journey for her needed to happen I always thought she was talented just needed to bring out that personality. I still think she won't be a Heel too much longer though eventually her Oedo Tai buddies will be wanting a shot at that High Speed Title and that could lead her back to Stars especially if she gets into a full program with Mayu. Hazuki returning changes things though she plans to deal with Oedo Tai does that mean joining and taking back the Leader spot or destroying them for her new group who knows. Stardom continues to be very interesting every Year for me.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Don't worry we all gotta start somewhere and if anyone needs a place to watch Stardom I can pm a Place to watch Stardom. Starlight Kid came up the hard way learning as did AZM when Io Shirai and Kairi Sane were still with with the Company. This journey for her needed to happen I always thought she was talented just needed to bring out that personality. I still think she won't be a Heel too much longer though eventually her Oedo Tai buddies will be wanting a shot at that High Speed Title and that could lead her back to Stars especially if she gets into a full program with Mayu. Hazuki returning changes things though she plans to deal with Oedo Tai does that mean joining and taking back the Leader spot or destroying them for her new group who knows. Stardom continues to be very interesting every Year for me.

I'll send a DM do you when I get the itch to try it, and that's interesting. So upon being added to Oedo Tai she sort of just embraced it eh? Nice. But it was so shocking when I decided to look up Stardom wrestlers and saw "HOLD UP! HOW IS BRIGHT COLOURED MASK GIRL IN THE GROUP OF EVIL PEOPLE?!"

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'll send a DM do you when I get the itch to try it, and that's interesting. So upon being added to Oedo Tai she sort of just embraced it eh? Nice. But it was so shocking when I decided to look up Stardom wrestlers and saw "HOLD UP! HOW IS BRIGHT COLOURED MASK GIRL IN THE GROUP OF EVIL PEOPLE?!"

Yeah she does stand out vs the others and I wouldn't be shocked her losing the Mask maybe in a Mask vs High Speed Title Match. I had the booking of her losing it and Mayu saving her down the road. She was one of the most popular talents with Stars and now now as a Member of Oedo Tai it has gone up for sure. Oedo Tai right now doesn't have a direction as a whole due to the Leader Tora being injured. Starlight Kid might be the one to turn it back in the right direction for them.

Reactions: Chris

Arty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
"HOLD UP! HOW IS BRIGHT COLOURED MASK GIRL IN THE GROUP OF EVIL PEOPLE?!"
Well it helps that they changed her color palate a bit so she doesn't stand out as much hehe, but as the others said heel Starlight Kid has been a lot of joy to watch. You could always see she had a lot of potential and talent, but lacked that certain character to truly propel her forward, the way she just adapted into being a heel is a lot of fun to watch.

Stardom recently uploaded their latest show fully on YouTube

so you could watch that for a start, it was full of a lot of great matches too so you won't be disappointed. Stardom in general I feel is easy to just jump in the latest show and kinda get the feel for it without needing to understand all overarching storylines since it's more about the in ring action itself in the end of the day, although understanding them do certainly help a bit

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Well it helps that they changed her color palate a bit so she doesn't stand out as much hehe, but as the others said heel Starlight Kid has been a lot of joy to watch. You could always see she had a lot of potential and talent, but lacked that certain character to truly propel her forward, the way she just adapted into being a heel is a lot of fun to watch.

Stardom recently uploaded their latest show fully on YouTube

so you could watch that for a start, it was full of a lot of great matches too so you won't be disappointed. Stardom in general I feel is easy to just jump in the latest show and kinda get the feel for it without needing to understand all overarching storylines since it's more about the in ring action itself in the end of the day, although understanding them do certainly help a bit

Only got the first match featuring AZM and Hanan. Hanan's music alone was cheerful enough to make me smile, instantly thought "Yep, she has got to be in Stars." The match itself wasn't bad at all. Granted the COVID element means the fans can't be quite as loud (even considering Japanese crowds are perhaps a bit more respectful, so less likely to get silly chants) but the crowd's clapping and some crisp work in the ring made it enjoyable. Solid opener.

Reactions: Arty

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Only got the first match featuring AZM and Hanan. Hanan's music alone was cheerful enough to make me smile, instantly thought "Yep, she has got to be in Stars." The match itself wasn't bad at all. Granted the COVID element means the fans can't be quite as loud (even considering Japanese crowds are perhaps a bit more respectful, so less likely to get silly chants) but the crowd's clapping and some crisp work in the ring made it enjoyable. Solid opener.

Got three matches in for the rest of the day. I was really impressed with Momo Watanabe, but her opponent has a bit of a way to go. I could do forearm strikes almost as good as Mia's strikes weren't exactly the best and it took me out of the match.

The third match: ...I am intrigued, confused, amazed, and weirded out by the clown! AT LEAST SHE IS AGAINST SMOKING!

Fourth: I think it was a Future of Stardom title match, and honestly, I was really impressed! Unagi has a load of charisma already, and her opponent did well. I am surprised she is 32 considering the name of the title, but I guess with DDP starting training in his mid 30's, I've seen crazier things.

Time to watch more!

Reactions: Necro

Arty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
.I am intrigued, confused, amazed, and weirded out by the clown
Yeah that's usually the natural reaction towards Fukigen DEATH (aka Kaori Yoneyama) most of the time, she grows on you as the time goes on. Personally wasn't a fan of her first, but as time went on I appreciated her well enough. She's another one who benefited from an Odeo Tai heel turn

Time to watch more!
Glad it got you hooked hehe, trust me the other matches are a ton of fun too