Star Wars TV Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's been some time since there was last an update on the proposed live-action "Star Wars" television series. Today, EW reports that, with the property now owned by Walt Disney, ABC has a tentative interest in bringing a galaxy far, far away to the small screen.

“We’d love to do something with Lucasfilm," ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee told the outlet. "We’re not sure what yet... We haven’t even sat down with them. We’re going to look at [the live-action series], we’re going to look at all of them, and see what’s right. We weren’t able to discuss this with them until [the acquisition] closed and it just closed. It’s definitely going to be part of the conversation.â€

ABC is already hard at work bringing a major film franchise to television in the form of "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.". Lee says that, while "Star Wars" plans are currently nascent, he could imagine the series going a similar route.

“It’s going to be very much up to the Lucasfilm brands how they want to play it,†he adds. “We got to a point here with Marvel, a very special point, where we’re in the Marvel universe, and very relevantly so, but we’re not doing 'The Avengers'. But S.H.I.E.L.D. is part of 'The Avengers'. So maybe something oblique is the way to [approach the Star Wars universe] rather than going straight head-on at it.â€

Earlier plans for the "Star Wars" were postponed due to budgetary concerns. It remains to be seen as to how that same issue might affect new plans, but check back for updates as they become available.

Well I heard about this back when spike was supposed to be doing it. If it's done the way they'd been touting with just seperate adventures in the same universe I'm cool with it but how bout you get on those movies first Disney

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Television series? No go. Why not do another film series (with a lower budget and not relying on the huge, nasty CGi) with Dash Rendar. Who if you fanboys out there remember starred in Shadows of the Empire on Nintendo 64, a classic video game.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Television series? No go. Why not do another film series (with a lower budget and not relying on the huge, nasty CGi) with Dash Rendar. Who if you fanboys out there remember starred in Shadows of the Empire on Nintendo 64, a classic video game.

I think we have had enough Star Wars for a life time.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
^Not nearly enough. We've had enough shitty Underworld and Jason Statham 'wears a black suit and tie and steals something' movies though

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't get what's wrong with the Transporter franchise.

This would be good, it honestly would. If they did separate adventures and stuff like that, it would be awesome. Especially considering how huge the Star Wars galaxy is.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't get what's wrong with the Transporter franchise.

This would be good, it honestly would. If they did separate adventures and stuff like that, it would be awesome. Especially considering how huge the Star Wars galaxy is.

Saw the second one and have to say it was pretty solid entertainment.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I'd absolutely love a Rogue Squadron TV series.

I cant get enough Star Wars. Next few years are going to be amazing.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Empire Strikes Back was indeed, very solid entertainment.

Actually was talking about the second Transporter film, but don't worry I do rate Empire as the best Star Wars film too.