Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Man these two Episodes for Obi-Wan today were amazing I thought. I wanna go into further detail but I'll wait to do so all I know is Deborah Chow needs to be Directing more Star Wars projects if she keeps giving me this. I knew some details going into the Show before hand that I kept secret and they came to pass and they stuck the landing I like to say. Obi-Wan perfection and Inquisitors came off strong in these 2 Episodes I felt like and 3rd Sister clearly is over her head and she's going to be dealt with no way or another. Also if I ever have a kid and she's a girl I want her to be like

10 Year Old Princess Leia. The young Actress might of been the Star in this she is much like both of her Parents sucks that we might not see her again if Obi-Wan gets her home in Episode 3 but I loved how they gave her Character life because we've never seen any of young Luke or Leia so it was great to show us that they were destined to lead from a young age. Grand Inquisitor is not dead by the way he's in Rebels so 3rd Sister's antics is going to get her killed and she's been told multiple times to fall in line. Obi-Wan though when he found out Anakin is still alive he's looks like he was going to have a Panic Attack and that shot of Vader though.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I watched one episode. I liked it for the most part. The budget looks...smaller maybe, or the scale of it all. I like the way some of the prequel tier CGI looks unironically so to see it again is just comfy. And Ewan has perfected his ability to channel Alec Guinness.

Biggest issue I had was Leia. Good child actor, but she is tiny. No idea how old she actually is, but during that cringe chase scene she looked like she was 5-6 years old when she is supposed to be playing 10 or so. It's not a big deal though. I really hope that this criticism doesn't discourage her from acting if it's repeated in much harsher tones across the internet. I still think about poor Jake Lloyd, especially during the flashback sequences as I was watching. Hope he is doing better. He deserves a similar apology to the one Britney Spears has received recently, but enough about celebrity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Wow is that really in the show?

• Haha
Reactions: Zany Clowny

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
A second scene similar to the one above happens in the second episode. It's night and day in terms of how they handle it. That open forest was the absolute worst setting for that scene.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Wow is that really in the show?

Yeah I waiting for the complaining from that Scene and the similar one later and I say back to everyone really people are we really complaining about a Ten Year running in the Woods :lol

Let's break it down though she knows the Woods like the back of her hand it would make sense she would get away from those idiots but it's not like it goes on forever just a few moments and she's captured. The one with Obi-Wan makes sense too she has no clue who this guy trying to save her is and she's scared and I imagine her Parents told her to run away while in danger. Not smart but she's 10 and she's never been away from Home Alderaan so she doesn't know what to do it's been a long few days for her. I loved seeing the Woods it shows possibly the people of Alderaan are one with Nature rather than rather than relying on tons of Technology it felt like. If Baby Leia is the one thing people are complaining about these two Episodes then Star Wars is doing great with the Series because those Scenes are not going to make it or break it I feel.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yeah I waiting for the complaining from that Scene and the similar one later and I say back to everyone really people are we really complaining about a Ten Year running in the Woods :lol

Let's break it down though she knows the Woods like the back of her hand it would make sense she would get away from those idiots but it's not like it goes on forever just a few moments and she's captured. The one with Obi-Wan makes sense too she has no clue who this guy trying to save her is and she's scared and I imagine her Parents told her to run away while in danger. Not smart but she's 10 and she's never been away from Home Alderaan so she doesn't know what to do it's been a long few days for her. I loved seeing the Woods it shows possibly the people of Alderaan are one with Nature rather than rather than relying on tons of Technology it felt like. If Baby Leia is the one thing people are complaining about these two Episodes then Star Wars is doing great with the Series because those Scenes are not going to make it or break it I feel.
I'm more amused by how awkward and slow the characters are in that chase.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ewan Mcgregor is the goat for making that. But it’s not just Star Wars fans. The online community is just toxic in general. Every time something comes out people gotta be dicks. You’ll never make everyone happy which is the sad part and people still don’t seem to know right from wrong. Thank god Ewan is standing up to it though.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Star Wars fans are the worse.

Yeah I heard on this in the Morning and I started to feel sick just hearing that the Actress was getting that type of hate. I for one overall thought her Character in the first 2 Episodes was hot and cold for me. She would do something great like cutting off someone's hand then she would do some cringey line trying to provoke some kind of toughness or fear on someone. I'm able to separated myself between the person and character and it maddening to me that people think that is okay to threaten harm on any person just because they didn't like the performance of someone.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Doesn't surprise me... Every huge fanbase has loads of toxic people in it, especially in cases where the thing they are fandoming for is already long going. Loads of gatekeeping, loads of people trying to pull political statements into every single little decision a studio makes and so on...

This is what we have to deal with for a good amount of time over the next years... probably it'll get even worse. Of course "That's the Internet for ya" isn't an excuse or anything, but, as sad and shitty as it is, you have to expect it. That's why it is important to make real changes and take a real stand, without shying away from telling how it is... and all that without having PR-catering on the top of the list in the back of your mind.

I briefly flew over some comments and man... some of those people who wanted to boycott the franchise because of that Gina chick getting canned throwing their opinions in there is just funny.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Doesn't surprise me... Every huge fanbase has loads of toxic people in it, especially in cases where the thing they are fandoming for is already long going. Loads of gatekeeping, loads of people trying to pull political statements into every single little decision a studio makes and so on...

This is what we have to deal with for a good amount of time over the next years... probably it'll get even worse. Of course "That's the Internet for ya" isn't an excuse or anything, but, as sad and shitty as it is, you have to expect it. That's why it is important to make real changes and take a real stand, without shying away from telling how it is... and all that without having PR-catering on the top of the list in the back of your mind.

I briefly flew over some comments and man... some of those people who wanted to boycott the franchise because of that Gina chick getting canned throwing their opinions in there is just funny.

Couldn't say it better myself. This sucks majorly and with the newest Episode of Obi-Wan coming out in a few hours this will be talk vs the Show and truly is a major punch to the Stomach. So happy though Disney and Cast are speaking up because hello I thought that backing was not there enough for Boyeya, Tran, and Best over the Years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Death By Looch

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
You would be surprised by the types of people who are making this thing racial. On 4chan, the focus was mostly on the the poor chase scenes. In the YouTube woke video essay grifter community, the comments are much more personal. They condition their audience to engage in funko pop white nationalism, seeing casting choices in a Star Wars show as a political statement. It's just embarrassing. Only being able to engage with media through an internet political lense stuck in 2016 must be hell.

ErorfXoXAAQ7yLi.jpg

Last edited:

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
Definitely the best episode yet. No embarrassing chase scenes, and a weird mix of obvious symbolism and the camera work of a YouTube short film that somehow works for me. Maybe this next point is a borderline spoiler, but one thing I've always liked about the convoluted EU lore is the idea that trauma can weaken connection to the force. To see that implemented here definitely fits this worn down version of Kenobi.

When I mentioned the inconsistent look of the show, it's best seen in the goddamn Darth Vader sequence. You go from these wide angle shots of a freshly spawned hell created by Anakin himself, to crisp looking shaky cam during their little duel and it's got an iPhone camera aesthetic that I'm conflicted on. The whole grand inquistor thing just automatically becomes a b-plot when Vader is on screen. All that controversy yesterday based on a supporting character...

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
This Week's Episode is the reason why I love Star Wars and this Episode alone was worth the wait of so many Years to get what we got in Episode 3 of this Show. You know some people didn't like how Luke was treated in Episode 8 and 9 overall but if you break it down Luke and Obi-Wan are on the same arc losing faith in themselves and in The Force. Granted what this is doing so great so far it's how it's being presented to us vs Luke some people didn't like it all because they want to remember Luke from Original Trilogy and they wanted to keep him in that Bubble. I love Heroes that have to go through Trials and Tribulations and I loving Obi-Wan going through hard right now.

My God Vader vs Obi-Wan 2 was freaking great. Obi-Wan is still shook and in awe of Anakin of what he's become. I loved the line from Vader to Kenobi you made me and created me. Obi-Wan looked like a Padwan Learner there he hasn't fought in over 10 Years and it was against a person he considers family of course he's going to mentally out of that fight between the two. Vader had him dead to rights and he wants to torture his former Master till he's ripe to kill. Reva man she did her thing in this Episode she wants to be the Top Dog within the Inquistors and even though I know she's not to get what she wants because the Grand is not dead good to see the other Members scrapping and fighting wanting to be Number 1 that was a nice touch I wanna more of. Even Tala had a good showing here in this Episode she saved Obi-Wan who is really fucked right now and I expect her to save Leia from Reva and it going to be a major challenge if Obi-Wan is not good enough to go.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I thoroughly enjoyed all three episodes (despite that forest chase). Young Leia is very endearing and they managed to keep Vader as badass and brutal as he was in Rogue One.

As for the racist stuff, after spending a couple of years on Twitter really looking at different communities using the trends, I can say without a doubt that the Star Wars fanbase is the worst. Even more toxic than the wrestling one.

Shit, I could actually understand why people would complain about Rose in the movies because the character was bad and the actress wasn't doing that great of a job. But when I saw that some people were mad just because she was an Asian character dating a black guy... wow, just wow.

The third sister is actually an interesting character and I'm even more interested after playing Jedi Fallen Order which featured two of the Sisters.

On a sidenote, I was really surprised when she killed the grand inquisitor, I thought he was going to be the second main villain after Vader. Isn't he very important in another series?