Star Wars Movies/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah it's going to be weird hearing Vader's Voice in any future Projects not by James Earl Jones for sure. He's blessed us for so many Years we were spoiled in thinking he would Voice him forever but the Man is 91 let him enjoy the fruits of his labor I say.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am so sad with this news. JEJ is an amazing man and voice. I have loved alot of what he has done.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
This is a random as hell comparison but when they made a Scarface game for the PS2, Pacino originally was up to do the voice over but found that he didn't have it in him anymore, so he personally recommended someone who he thought sounded the most like him. I would prefer that over having it artificially done using software from now on. Probably alone on that, or surrounded by people who hit 5G towers with their minivans on purpose. But still!!!

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
the-acolyte-logo-tall.jpg

This is a Monday to celebrate for Star Wars fans.

Today, Disney+ announced the cast for The Acolyte, an upcoming Star Wars Original series from Lucasfilm. Joining the previously announced Amandla Stenberg (The Hate U Give) are Emmy Award-winner Lee Jung-jae (Squid Game), Manny Jacinto (Nine Perfect Strangers), Dafne Keen (His Dark Materials), Jodie Turner-Smith (Queen & Slim), Rebecca Henderson (Inventing Anna), Charlie Barnett (Russian Doll), Dean-Charles Chapman (1917), and Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix).

acolyte-cast.jpeg

Lucasfilm also released the first behind-the-scenes image from the series, which you can check out below.

the-acolyte-bts.jpg

The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era. A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.

The High Republic saw the Jedi Order at its prime, centuries prior to the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. You can learn more about this era at StarWars.com’s official hub for all things High Republic.

From creator, showrunner, and executive producer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll), The Acolyte has begun production in the U.K. The executive producers are Kathleen Kennedy, Simon Emanuel, Jeff F. King, and Jason Micallef. Rayne Roberts and Damian Anderson are producing. Headland will also direct the series pilot.

The Acolyte will stream exclusively on Disney+.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Look at all that diversity.....I'm sure the Star Wars geeks won't make this a big deal.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Look at all that diversity.....I'm sure the Star Wars geeks won't make this a big deal.

Welp lately they have handled it perfectly like in Andor which might be the best Series Star Wars has done for me over the two Mando Seasons and Boba Fett. It's the Star Wars I've wanted as an Adult and you really dive into each Character within the Series. Andor the Series has made me love the inner workings of the Empire and that one hard job to do when we all know how evil they can be and the Series does it perfectly. If The Acolyte can capture that same magic boy we are in for a treat.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Holy a joint project together??? Live Action or Animated I'm all for people.

Reactions: Chris

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
My guess since Lucasfilms is not just star wars it will be something of a Ghibli film being live action, but still excited none the less.

I still want ro head to Japan to see the Ghibli Amusment park.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Can't see something Ghibli related being live action. It's an interesting one, because I thought Miyazaki was quite down on most Western media. Early guess would be some involvement in the next Star Wars: Visions series, which would be dope.

Don't rule out something to do with Indiana Jones though. Castle of Cagliostro was an influence on Raiders of the Lost Ark I believe.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Say what you will about the Prequels the fight with Anakin and Obi-Wan was freaking great I thought. I would of loved of saw some of the Fencing stuff you see in this Video going back to the spots they would put in the original sequel.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Hayden just a beast. He took every Scene he was doing seriously when it came to Lightsaber duels and it would be awesome to see Anakin make Douku suffer more before finally killing him showing more Bread crumps of his turn because Jedi don't do that when they are in fights.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So I'm hearing through the grapevine that Disney has in the works a What if Series involving Star Wars. Whether it's Animated or Live Action I would be so down for that. Anakin never turning to the Dark side that is if Jinn doesn't die in Episode 1 and he trains him vs Obi-Wan. What if Obi-Wan turns to the Dark side because of jealousy for Anakin I would dig the flipping of the Coin of a fight between the two with them on opposite sides.