*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Taping Results For 8/20

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
- Rey Mysterio cut a promo to kick off the show. He thanked the fans for supporting them and said he was sorry for losing at Summerslam. Mysterio was then interrupted by the debuting Alberto Del Rio. Rio mocked Mysterio and ran him down. Mysterio slapped Del Rio and gave him the 619.

(1) Kofi Kingston d. Dolph Ziggler on a DQ when Vicki Guerrero got involved. After the match Dolph beat Kofi down and have him the sleeper.

- LayCool trashed Melina backstage. Hornswoggle was spying on them from the background.

- CM Punk told Serena and Luke Gallows that if they lose tonight they are out of the SES.

(2) Serena and Luke Gallows d. Kelly Kelly and Big Show when Serena pinned Kelly. Punk came down after the match and hugged Serena but didn’t pay any attention to Luke.

- Kane cut a promo that lasted between 12-15 minutes. He talked about why he attacked his brother and said it was a 15 year plan that finally came into affect.

(3) Christian d. Drew McIntyre. Cody Rhodes attacked Christian after the match and Matt Hardy tried to make the save but Drew and Cody beat them both down.

- Jack Swagger challenged MVP to a match next week where if he wins he gets to host the VIP Lounge and he accepted.

- Teddy Long told Kane backstage that Undertaker will be on Smackdown next week. Kane says it will be hell on earth for him if he does show up.

(4) Alberto Del Rio d. Rey Mysterio with an arm bar. The match was said to be decent. Del Rio had a very elaborate entrance with a Spanish ring announcer and all.

Finally Alberto Del Rio debuts and what a debut, maineventing Smackdown against Rey Mysterio. I can't wait to see this debut to see what his character is like, his entrance and his moveset.

12-15 minutes of Kane promo might be a bit much even for me. I will have to see how it plays out but hearing the reason will be good. A fifteen year plan sounds good. Undertaker back on Smackdown next week as well which should pop a rating.

Serena finally wrestles as well and again like Del Rio it will be interesting to see her wrestle in WWE. SES still together for another week.

Looks like a good show.

Killz

Reaction score
Without any true heat without a Punk promo the SES needs new direction or to die, end of.

This looks entirely like the Alberto Del Rio show and I can't say I'm unhappy. His vignettes got real old but they may well have given him the sort of go away heat he'd need so that, coupled with some hot mic work and a good move set, he can turn it into proper heat. No better way to start than going one on one and beating Rey Rey.

Kane promo cant be that long surely? But still, best mic work of his career these past weeks and I'm vaguely interested to see the program build between him and Taker and the eventual payoff. The ring work will be slow and same-y but hey, we can't have it all.

Cba with this whole Christian/Hardy/Drew/Cody business. Cody is pure money and McIntyre is on his way to superstardom. Hardy can't sustain heat and Christian has no direction. So, go back to the drawing board with the bets and push the new guys properly.