*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Taping Results For 8/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
Cody Rhodes beat Christian

Drew McIntyre beat Matt Hardy

MVP beat Jack Swagger

Kane beat Kofi Kingston

Rey Mysterio beat Dolph Ziggler. Kane came out with casket.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston appears to be taking place at Summerslam.

I know that these aren't very detailed but they are the best I could find. Decent go home show for SummerSlam and I am glad that they are adding the IC title match to the show. It need another match and this works well for me.

One thing that this card shows is that Smackdown may have a small mainevent but it has a large midcard. Everyone on that show could be a maineventer if they aren't already, very strong future on that brand.

Your thoughts on the card?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well this show seems okay but as it's not detailed i can make any assumptions as of yet. ME seems good as even though Dolph lost I heard he put up a good showing and this will hopefully get him over as a viable champion even more. Im not sure what's going on with Hardy and Christian, these guys are on their last legs now and if WWE don't do something soon, sadly both will be gone....

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would help if these were more detailed but unfortunately I can't find anything else, feel free to post more detailed spoilers if you can find them.

One thing I don't like is that Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston both lost their matches and yet they have been given a match on the PPV. Not the best build for them. I know that they lost to the World champion and number one contender but still it isn't the best way to put over the IC division.

Something has to click soon with Christian and Matt Hardy, they are either going to suddenly get the push of their career and get the title within the next year or they never will. It has to happen soon for them since they can't really do much more except Matt could lose some weight.

OJR

Reaction score
I don't know KFC, I get what you mean about them losing momentum by being beaten by Kane and Mysterio, but the Intercontinental division is pretty for much guys who aren't quite ready for the World title. If they'd have won then they should be the ones getting the title shot, and a run-in would just seem very... meh to me. So, personally, I think them losing is the right result. It kind of keeps some sort of order within the brand, with Kane and Rey being at the top and the IC guys being not quite as good. So yeah, big-ups Smackdown crew, and kick to the face to KFC.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
:( I know what you are saying but having both of them lose a couple of days before a big PPV isn't smart booking. Why have them look weak, even if it is against the world champion and number one contender, right before a PPV? The best decision would have been to not have those matches take place, they should have faced other opponents to get a bit of momentum up for the PPV. The week after the PPV is the best time to have these matches with the exact same result happen, like you said it shows the order of the brand and shows again that the World title is the top title on the brand.