*SPOILERS* Smackdown results (Feb. 23 episode)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
WWE will tape this week's episode of WWE SmackDown from the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi. Here are the full results.

Dark Match

* Curt Hawkins vs. Bo Dallas is up first. Dallas got the win with an arm drag.

WWE SmackDown
* JBL and Josh Mathews are out for commentary. Lilian Garcia welcomes the fans.

* The show opens with highlights from Elimination Chamber and RAW.

* Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio come to the ring. Del Rio talks about Jack Swagger's new attitude. Del Rio says this country was built by immigrants. Del Rio calls Swagger out but Randy Orton appears instead.

Orton enters the ring and says his opportunity was taken by Swagger. Orton wants a match with Swagger tonight. Booker T comes out and announces Wade Barrett vs. Del Rio and Swagger vs. Orton for tonight.

* Damien Sandow vs. Sheamus is up next. Sheamus gets the win after a lengthy match, using the Brogue Kick.

* Aksana and Tamina vs. Kaitlyn and Layla is next. Kaitlyn spears Tamina for the win.

* Backstage segment with Zeb Colter, Jack Swagger and Wade Barrett. Zeb says Barrett is part of the problem. Zeb hopes Del Rio and Barrett kill each other.

* Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton is up next. Swagger wins a good physical match with his feet on the ropes.

* Promo for Dead Man Down. Backstage segment with Sheamus and Wade Barrett. Sheamus picks on Barrett's acting and Barrett picks on Sheamus for losing to The Shield.

* The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes is up next. Miz wins with a Figure Four.

* Another immigration promo from Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter.

* A vignette for Fandango airs.

* Alberto Del Rio vs. Wade Barrett is up next. Swagger and Zeb come out and watch the match from the stage.

* Alberto Del Rio vs. Wade Barrett is up next. Swagger and Zeb come out and watch the match from the stage. Barrett dominates most of the match but Del Rio gets the win by submission. Swagger and Zeb approach the ring. Swagger and Del Rio have a staredown to end SmackDown.

Fandango again! :why: Anyway, there's a somewhat quick overview for you guys to get an idea of what to expect this week.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Bo Dallas with an arm-drag? YAY GARETT BISCHOFF 2.0! Now with more than 2 Facial Expressions!

The Swagger/Zeb stuff sounds extra funny tonight! It'll take a miracle to get me to buy into Jack at this point. Competitive match with Orton? That doesn't hurt, but...

A random, pointless Divas tag match? Someone call the Guinness Book of World Records, this has to be the most apathy-inducing segment in television history!

Is Miz vs Cody the new Kofi vs Dolph, the two guys who face each other over and over and over and over because UnCreative can't figure out anything to do with them? And to think we used to see these guys as obvious main eventers. LOL

A SHEAMUS/WADE BARRETT FEUD? ARE YOU JOKING? What are we going to see here? "At Wrestlemania, you get to see someone who's been beating up jobbers for the past year, get to face... drumroll please... a jobber! Yay!" :cornette: Oh, hey look, Sheamus is going over yet another guy who can't win, and Barrett's jobbing again. A+ Build WWE

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
A sheamus-barrett feud would be nice. But build it up better.
Also suprised Sandow-Sheamus was a lenghty match.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This sounds like a good episode on paper. I don't see a single bad match on that card.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
This sounds like a good episode on paper. I don't see a single bad match on that card.

We can rip the booking and rip the uninteresting or filler segments all we want, but that's all you can see from stuff like this. You can't see show quality at all, wouldn't be a shock at all if this turned out to be an awesome SD

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Rain said:
We can rip the booking and rip the uninteresting or filler segments all we want, but that's all you can see from stuff like this. You can't see show quality at all, wouldn't be a shock at all if this turned out to be an awesome SD

That's what I always say about Smackdown. I never judge it by spoilers alone, because they add so much in post production.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Rain said:

Exactly. Since I'm never able to actually watch on Friday when it airs, I've gotten to where I like to read the spoilers ahead just to get an idea of what to expect, who faces who, etc. as a quick snapshot. But it's certainly no measure of the end result or how good/bad the show may actually be.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Actually watched this this morning, great show. Two PPV-quality matches, and Sheamus & Sandow had their best match yet.

Go watch Swagger and Orton.