• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

*SPOILERS* RAW Tapings for 4/22/13 / Live Discussion Thread

Heisenberg

John Cena, the face of the company closing the show celebrating after hitting the heel in this feud with his finisher. And he gets booed.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
The wrestling for the most part was top notch which is what a real fan wants to see. Good work, WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Re: *SPOILERS* RAW Tapings for 4/22/13 / Discussion Thread

So if he's such a superhero, wants him healthy and with no excuses why did he then attack Ryback? Why didn't he just chase off The Shield and give Ryback the look of "I could have taken you, but i'm not like you."

Thinking you're a booking expert yourself doesn't suit you.

Simple logic dictates that Cena gave Ryback an AA after chasing off the Shield is just showing him what he has coming to him at Extreme Rules. You don't have to be a booking expert to see that.

The show itself was pretty good imo, I didn't look at my clock seeing how much time was left. 3 hours went by fairly quick and had a hot crowd.

Guessing R-Truth needed some extra ammo to get over the London crowd and brought out the ol' crowd pleaser "What's Up!" to make sure he was good to go at bell time.

6 man match was great, keeping Taker on the apron through most of it was a good way of not overexposing the Deadman and the finish was good. Keeps the Shield strong and furthers them and Hell No for the belts.

Luke Flywalker

Anyone saying the ending was good booking is no fan of wrestling.

Good booking 101 is when the face can do nothing to get his hands on the heel before the PPV. The only time it ever happened with Austin is if everyone was beating the Holy Hell outta someone and Austin, being Austin, needed a piece of the action, but took out the whole roster instead... or when Austin got his hands on Vince only to be arrested before he could touch The Rock. Cena shouldn't have gotten the upper hand on Ryback.

This is why I hate Cena title reigns. Not because of Cena himself, but because of how ridiculously he is booked. They ignore all conventional, proven logic when it comes to good booking when they've got Cena. In fact, it makes Cena look better when for weeks he can't do anything and then finally at the PPV when it's a fair fight from the start, Cena can overcome whoever he is facing. It might actually make Cena more fresh in all aspects of his craft if they booked him to not be SuperCena every night. BTW, I lol'd too hard when Ryback said that... something even Punk ignored.

Otherwise, was kinda disappointed to hear about crowd chant edits. The entire purpose of the crowd being at a wrestling event is to dictate everything. WWE editing the chants apparently killed the natural flow of the show... and it's no wonder crowds aren't so rowdy these days. Every wrestler tweeted after NJ "These are the types of crowds we love" and JBL said it best last night, "The crowd should be loud and chant what they want, it's why they're here!" WWE taking that away is absurd.

Team Hell No & Taker vs. The Shield was incredible... and the way Mark moves... I wonder where all this info Meltzer and these other writers comes from in regards to Taker being nearly-crippled with two vanished knees, both hips worn out, and a bad spine... he sure didn't appear to do any damage to himself on that massive Leg Drop that Hogan couldn't even achieve at the peak of his health and career. I'm not suggesting he could do this even monthly, because it clearly is taxing for everyone... but it says a lot that Taker looked better in a 6-man tag match where he was the featured member of his team for much of the match... than The Rock looked at both Mania's combined... when Rock is actually in peak physical condition and Taker is "one bump away" from Darren Drozdov status...

Nice to see Rapey Truth getting a victory over Cesaro. Still can't figure out why WWE thinks running guys through the worst losing streaks ever will turn them into bonafide badasses later. Who does it work for? Jack Swagger? No. Wade Barrett? No. Finlay? No. Hardy? No. MVP? No. Miz? No. Kofi? They're trying but it won't work. So tired of this trend. They're lucky they have MITB coming up, but I don't trust they'll put a briefcase on Cesaro. My early predictions are a returning Punk and if they're brilliant, Big E for the lulz of Ziggler always worrying about his muscle turning on him. But anyways, back to Truth... they still let him do this rapey ass dance... and he gets wins over classy, deserving of the brass ring guys like Cesaro. Shameful. Then again, Rapey the King Lawler is still employed and dishing out his most harassing one-liners nightly. But one little rapey joke from AW got him fired....... on a first offense........ go figure.

BTW, surprised there isn't speculation that it was a fourth member of The Shield who attacked Drag...Bryan and Kane. The Shield hasn't hidden a single attack yet. They've made 'em all public right in the middle of the ring. Totally out of character for them to hide BEHIND the camera they hijack and hold to their own faces. ...praying it's Chris He...Kassius Ohno.

That reminds me, kinda pissed we didn't get to see Dragon vs. Moxley on TV, but it looked like before commercial, Moxley was being brought into the ring. If the live crowd got treated to that contest, I envy their witness.