*Spoiler* Wrestler completes face turn on Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
PWMania said:
CM Punk made a very rare appearance on SmackDown and took on Big E Langston for the second time in recent memory. The match was surprisingly back-and-forth, with Langston gaining the upper hand quite frequently throughout the match. The crowd was lively for every near-fall, as Langston repeatedly attempted to get the three-count over Punk. Eventually, the veteran Punk would earn the victory with his signature GTS,

Immediately following the victory, Punk's former mentor, Paul Heyman, would come to the stage. Never alone, Heyman was flanked by his current clients, Ryback and Curtis Axel. Heyman congratulated Punk on his victory over Langston, suggesting that Punk's competition in the match was inexperienced and not near the competition he would face at Hell in a Cell. Heyman continued on to remind the crowd that he was victorious over Punk at the recent Night of Champions pay-per-view with "both hands tied behind my back."

As the war of words between Heyman and Punk escalated, Punk invited the three men to come down to the ring to take the confrontation to a physical level. The men obliged, and Punk met them at the base of the ramp, attacking Axel before being overpowered by Ryback from behind. The "Paul Heyman Guys" tossed Punk back into the ring and created a standoff, as Punk realized that he could not overcome being outnumbered.

To seemingly make matters worse, Punk's opponent in the match he had just completed in, Big E Langston, also joined the three men in the ring. Langston, Ryback and Axel had Punk surrounded.

The crowd rose to their feet as Langston gave Punk a nod and turned to attack Curtis Axel, leaving Punk to handle Ryback in the meantime. Punk and Langston quickly dispatched the Heyman Guys and stood strong in front of a Kansas City crowd that was completely behind the face turn.

Langston and Punk exchanged a look of respect before Langston left the ring and headed to the back. Punk would celebrate in front of the fans as Langston headed up the ramp to the cheers of the crowd.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally,I'm happy with Big E turning face. He was pretty darn good as a face down in NXT so I can't wait to see what they do with him.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
:yay: Great! Hope he becomes more of a legitimately-funny-yet-badass mid-carder, and having him debut the five-count gimmick on Axel to win the IC Title? Guess that sounds like a nice way to debut the dude.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Langston for new IC Champion and starting his Five Gimmick please.

Reactions: Roi

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was gonna be Sandow since there are rumors of him making a baby face turn and he was already more or less portraying one on Smackdown last week. I don't mind Langston as a face either, but do virtually all of their 'big guys' have to be faces? Ryback is a heel, but Show, Khali, Henry and now Langston are all faces, and even Brock Lesnar (part timer or not) is in talks of being turned face next year. I'd have preferred if Henry at least had remained heel (which doesn't exactly set me in a minority.)

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sounds like it went well. I'd like to see him take the IC title off Axel at HIAC.

Any reason why E & AJ split? Or are we just meant to forget that ever happened like a lot of stories recently.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like it went well. I'd like to see him take the IC title off Axel at HIAC.

Any reason why E & AJ split? Or are we just meant to forget that ever happened like a lot of stories recently.

The latter. I don't remember there being an official reason why they ever split apart. AJ just started appearing on her own and Langston wasn't even featured on several Raws and Smackdowns and we were supposed to just accept that they were no longer a pair. Kind of like how there was never a formal reason why HHH and Chyna split (which was a much bigger deal) back in the day, they too just stopped appearing with each other on-screen. Would have liked to have seen AJ slap Big E and then get dropped with The Big Ending but male-on-female violence isn't allowed in the current climate today.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yes! Awesome to hear, I'm big on Big E.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Hell yeah. Langston is money on NXT. Hopefully being a face will get him a push. I'd even root for him do be that African American face of the company in the future that I have seen rumors about on here.

I know they worked together on the Kaitlyn storyline shortly, but to me Big E was always Ziggler's right hand guy and when Ziggler left their little group I was surprised Big E even stuck with AJ. So it doesn't surprise or bother me really.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? Personally,I'm happy with Big E turning face. He was pretty darn good as a face down in NXT so I can't wait to see what they do with him.

YES!! I Want him to take on Ryback in a steel cage.... yes? no?

Reactions: Trip in the Head

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Sick. Big E is hilarious and I feel he'll show that side of him now that he's face.