*Spoiler* Unhinged Miro Appreciation Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Exactly. I think just having the opportunity to plot your own direction is a great incentive as an employee. If it works then that's great. If it doesn't, it will eventually be tweaked or discarded, as we have seen with Broken Matt Hardy, The Nightmare Collective and now Miro.

That's kind of the way I see it. I think it's easy to say oh "they should have controlled him and done a b c instead". But then, how do you know that without trying other options? Heck, I think people also greatly exaggerate the Miro stuff because they are impatient brats (clarification, I'm not calling anyone here that!) who wanted him to be world champion the second he stepped foot in AEW. Not saying his intro was amazing, it wasn't, but his character progression and story with Kip is now fucking awesome and people got what they wanted in the end. Just because they didn't get immediate gratification doesn't mean it's a failure, imo :)

Ace

Reaction score
My point is basically that I think a company is best served having some degree of creative team - even if it is only used as a guiding voice.

I don't think either extreme (complete scripting / DIY chrarcters) are the right way to go about it.

I think Attitude Era WWE had the best balance between the two.

Like I should be clear that I prefer modern-day AEW's approach to modern-day WWE; I just think both are not optimal.

Ace

Reaction score
SIde note: its not like WWE's scripted shit is perfect anyway, i mean look at retribution :heston:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
My point is basically that I think a company is best served having some degree of creative team - even if it is only used as a guiding voice.

I don't think either extreme (complete scripting / DIY chrarcters) are the right way to go about it.

I think Attitude Era WWE had the best balance between the two.

Like I should be clear that I prefer modern-day AEW's approach to modern-day WWE; I just think both are not optimal.

fwiw AEW has a creative team. they just so happen to be wrestlers as well (and tony khan, im assuming ppl like jr, shiavone , jericho esp are all big sounding boards). I dont want writers myself, full stop. these guys know fuckall about wrestling.

that being said @Ace I have no idea if they had writters during AE. Im guessing not? pretty sure they just had bookers etc. But I am also WAY too lazy to look back.

Have you watched much Dynamite btw, because its booked a lot like AE Raw/Nitro sometimes lol

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
fwiw AEW has a creative team. they just so happen to be wrestlers as well (and tony khan, im assuming ppl like jr, shiavone , jericho esp are all big sounding boards). I dont want writers myself, full stop. these guys know fuckall about wrestling.

that being said @Ace I have no idea if they had writters during AE. Im guessing not? pretty sure they just had bookers etc. But I am also WAY too lazy to look back.

Have you watched much Dynamite btw, because its booked a lot like AE Raw/Nitro sometimes lol
No they definitely had writers. That was what Russo and Ferrara did before going to WCW where Russo would become the head booker, which if I'm recalling correctly he has said he hated because he preferred just to be a writer, rather than the guy who had to boss everyone around.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
No they definitely had writers. That was what Russo and Ferrara did before going to WCW where Russo would become the head booker, which if I'm recalling correctly he has said he hated because he preferred just to be a writer, rather than the guy who had to boss everyone around.

derp right russo. I guess the main difference was they had ONE or maybe TWO writers at most yes? Not like a gymnasiums worth?

edit: or moaybe to be more precise, a HEAD writer that had his hand guiding the ship with other assisting him

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Well I'm pretty sure Russo claims it was just him, Vince and Ed who were writing Raw every week. Of course he also said Vince's inner circle of guys like Prichard, Cornette, Patterson, Briscoe, etc. all played some role on creative as well though.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well I'm pretty sure Russo claims it was just him, Vince and Ed who were writing Raw every week. Of course he also said Vince's inner circle of guys like Prichard, Cornette, Patterson, Briscoe, etc. all played some role on creative as well though.

yeah that makes logical sense (oh Russo, you sly devil!). So pretty much all the guys on dark side of the ring when they interviewing corny about brawl for all

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Exactly. I think just having the opportunity to plot your own direction is a great incentive as an employee. If it works then that's great. If it doesn't, it will eventually be tweaked or discarded, as we have seen with Broken Matt Hardy, The Nightmare Collective and now Miro.

Yeah this is why I prefer Dynamite. You will get a few duds but AEW as a whole and even Roman Reigns stuff (which him and Heyman) prove to me letting the wrestlers have more control over what they say and do character wise usually makes better results.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Also that segment was amazing. Wish we got this Miro sooner but fuck me did it rule. Future TNT champion