*Spoiler* Unhinged Miro Appreciation Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Anyways Rusev is at his best absolutely murdering people.

yes please. Only after him murdering ppl for a year should he be allowed to be goofy and funny again. this is the Miro people like (imo).

edit: Also, I think we be looking at our next TNT champion. I'm calling it now.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Like, I think this is one of the great things I think AEW has done (others being Brodie Lee's entire thing). Miro should be the guy who is the dominant midcarder. He should be feared, not taken jokingly

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Like, I think this is one of the great things I think AEW has done (others being Brodie Lee's entire thing). Miro should be the guy who is the dominant midcarder. He should be feared, not taken jokingly

yeah the time for smarky funny miro is dead. Miro as a monster heel is my jam.

Also Kip played a lil bitch perfectly here. The whimpers were a good touch. Makes you ALMOST feel a bit bad for him.

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

Ace

Reaction score
TBF they were the ones who made him all jokey in the first place so I'm not exactly gonna give them mad props.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
TBF they were the ones who made him all jokey in the first place so I'm not exactly gonna give them mad props.

or it was just wahat miro thought would work, until they reeled him in. Sounds a lot likelier consider the amount of times theyve let new talents try out their own thing before axing the shittyness ( see: broken matt hardy)

Ace

Reaction score
or it was just wahat miro thought would work, until they reeled him in. Sounds a lot likelier consider the amount of times theyve let new talents try out their own thing before axing the shittyness ( see: broken matt hardy)
Yeah, that's true too - but I'm not sure its the best way of operating regardless.

Of course wrestlers should have a say in their character where possible but I don't think giving them free reign to try stuff out is actually responsible.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, that's true too - but I'm not sure its the best way of operating regardless.

Of course wrestlers should have a say in their character where possible but I don't think giving them free reign to try stuff out is actually responsible.

it's the good and the bad of not having writers. Sometimes they do stuff and it doesn't work out, but I wouldn't say it's irresponsible, at all. Sometimes you have to actually try stuff to see if it works or not. It's the sink or swim approach.

I much rather them take this approach and take chances then. That's how people got over in the past, and it worked just fine.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Also the other way of operating is to over script everyone like WWE does, so yeah, pass.

Ace

Reaction score
There's a balance to be had - I agree overscripting is bad but so is letting a bunch of wrestlers who may or may not have good creative instincts have full control over their characters.

I think that's the irresponsible part, particularly as a multi-million-dollar company; it is important to have people who have experience and a good track record of character design / creative control working with wrestlers to craft characters that will actually work.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
There's a balance to be had - I agree overscripting is bad but so is letting a bunch of wrestlers who may or may not have good creative instincts have full control over their characters.

I think that's the irresponsible part, particularly as a multi-million-dollar company; it is important to have people who have experience and a good track record of character design / creative control working with wrestlers to craft characters that will actually work.

Agree to disagree. They've grown their viewership above 1m using this booking style. It may not be always perfect, but from my POV its resulted in a lot more people being over than not :draper2

Not to mention, people act like they just have free reign...TK is still head booker and shit still goes through him. It's not liek the talent are literally booking themselves.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Agree to disagree. They've grown their viewership above 1m using this booking style. It may not be always perfect, but from my POV its resulted in a lot more people being over than not :draper2

Not to mention, people act like they just have free reign...TK is still head booker and shit still goes through him. It's not liek the talent are literally booking themselves.

Exactly. I think just having the opportunity to plot your own direction is a great incentive as an employee. If it works then that's great. If it doesn't, it will eventually be tweaked or discarded, as we have seen with Broken Matt Hardy, The Nightmare Collective and now Miro.