*SPOILER* Possible Match for WWE's Night of Champions PPV..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
- There is talk within WWE of having a Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James ladder match for the WWE Women's Championship at the Night of Champions pay-per-view. This would be the first Divas ladder match in WWE history.

That sounds sweet :y:

I've seen a couple women ladder matches before, mainly one in OVW with Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea, and it was impressive. Here's hoping that WWE decides to go through with the ladder match at the Night of Champions show.

kingovkings

Reaction score
That would be something diffrent for the women. Good idea hope it comes off the divas have had some good matches the last cpl of ppv's.

wwerko619

Reaction score
the only womens ladder match ive seen was in TNA:)

That would defently make the diva matches more interesting haha.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Plus it would actually have people care about the divas, and the Women's Championship.

Evil Austin

I guess with TNA copying WWE with lots of their storylines I guess the tables have turned and with TNA using the shave your head diva ladder battle royal match at Sacrifice, the WWE wants to jump on the bandwagon *shakes head like rell*

Michael1

Reaction score
This would be a great match. It seems lately WWE is starting to care more about the other divisions, such as the womens and also the tag team division. A ladder match at Night Of Champions for the Womens Championship would be a great one, without a doubt and give more credibility to the womens division in WWE.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I guess with TNA copying WWE with lots of their storylines I guess the tables have turned and with TNA using the shave your head diva ladder battle royal match at Sacrifice, the WWE wants to jump on the bandwagon *shakes head like rell*

Two things:

1.) This isn't a "shave your head diva ladder battle royal" match. It's a normal Ladder match.

2.) I didn't know TNA invented the Women's Ladder match, huh..Thanks for the info

:smh

gashface

Reaction score
Copying off of TNA eh? I wonder if they saw TNA knockouts promo more or less saying "We arnt divas, we're wrestlers" It's just I can't help but notice a more seriouse edge to the womens storylines, which I like, in the last few months.. well since that stupid playboy think at WM.

Soulpower

Its no coincidence, by the way. The Knockouts segments have been the highest rated Impact segments for the past couple of months. With the recent decline in WWE ratings, you can't blame them for trying to do the same. I just hope that this "interest" in women's wrestling isn't only for a couple of months, and that its something for the long term.

As for the possible match, I hope it does happen. It would make for something different, and I really believe that Mickie and Beth could steal the show with this match.

gashface

Reaction score
I hope it's not just a fad either, I have always wanted womens wrestling to be taken more seriously. The knockouts are kicking ass atm!

Also the match at Judgement Day was good until the ending, it just felt so cut short but to be honest I found it more entertaining than a lot of other matches on the card.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
A ladder does not a good match make. The Knockouts are actually talented wrestlers. The divas will probably try to pole dance with the ladder.

This "serious" take on women's wrestling will be buried the next time one of them decides to take her clothes off for money... two months, tops.

C4

I love Ladder Matches but having Divas wrestle in a Ladder match for the Womens Championship just doesn't seem right to me... :disgust1:

But then again, I'm looking forward to this and I hope they come up with something good at Night of Champions.