*Spoiler*Dixie Carter confirms........

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slyfox696

Reaction score
K, you and I are informed wrestling fans. We both know that she was referring to ECW, yes. However to the lay person or potential investors it comes across as her saying that her company is competitive with the WWE as a whole. Which is exactly what she was trying to do by disingenuous with her statement. Don't be so blind.
The only people who would believe that TNA is on the same level as WWE's flagship show would be the morons with no knowledge of wrestling.

Do we really need to assume that Dixie considers all wrestling fans to be morons? Especially when the majority of TNA's fanbase ARE informed wrestling fans.

So what? None of this is relevant at all. Who cares if they're similar? That's not what she was trying to say at all.
Generally when one tries to compare two objects, they use things that are similar in nature. In this case, ECW and TNA are similar in nature, and thus, that is why it is relevant.

I am interpreting her statement exactly as she wants it interpreted. As I said, don't be so damned stupid.
And I completely disagree. The only people who would interpret it that way would be the morons, as I said, and since I think you and I would both agree that the good majority of TNA's fanbase have some wrestling knowledge, then I think it's safe to say she wasn't trying to advertise to morons.

I mean, consider the context in which this interview was given. It was obviously a promotional/hype interview for their UK tour. What better way to show the quality of your product than to compare it to a similar program put on by the biggest wrestling company in America, and arguably in the world? And since it's highly unlikely that morons care about TNA at all, then her statement is merely to compare the two entities, ECW and TNA.

I disagree with you completely on this. I don't think she was trying to mislead anyone, I think she was just putting her company on the same level as the WWE, for which it is.

The Rated R CMStar

I mean, consider the context in which this interview was given. It was obviously a promotional/hype interview for their UK tour. What better way to show the quality of your product than to compare it to a similar program put on by the biggest wrestling company in America, and arguably in the world? And since it's highly unlikely that morons care about TNA at all, then her statement is merely to compare the two entities, ECW and TNA.

I disagree with you completely on this. I don't think she was trying to mislead anyone, I think she was just putting her company on the same level as the WWE, for which it is.

If she was trying to do that, again, she would have said "TNA is being competitive with ECW"

Kaedon

Reaction score
i still dont get what this spoils.....i mean if there is a mystery man angle it COULD be a spoiler, but meh

Airfixx

For the record, the newspaper column which that peice come from is SO blinkeredly pro-TNA... They slag WWE over the slightest thing, yet don't see fit to point out any of the flaws in TNA whatsoever.

MikeRaw

I'm disapointed in slyfox. I used to think of him as an intelligent poster, but clearly, this proves me wrong.
I don't know what he isn't getting.
It's simple:
-TNA's ratings are comparable to ecw's
-SD and Raw still get ratings millions of viewers higher than TNA
-Dixie Carter stated that TNA's ratings are comparable to WWE's.
That is false, clearly, because she is on par with one show (the c show) of wwe, and instead of being honest, tried to act as if by bein gon par with the C show, she was on par with wwe as a whole, which is a lie.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
I'm disapointed in slyfox. I used to think of him as an intelligent poster, but clearly, this proves me wrong.
I don't know what he isn't getting.
It's simple:
-TNA's ratings are comparable to ecw's
-SD and Raw still get ratings millions of viewers higher than TNA
-Dixie Carter stated that TNA's ratings are comparable to WWE's.
That is false, clearly, because she is on par with one show (the c show) of wwe, and instead of being honest, tried to act as if by being on par with the C show, she was on par with wwe as a whole, which is a lie.
How did she try to do anything? I haven't read the interview, but was she specifically asked to specify which WWE show she meant when she said that? Or did she just compare two very much alike shows, and say how they were even? Is ECW not a part of the WWE now?

I guess that's the part I'm having the most trouble with. When did ECW quit being part of the WWE?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
How did she try to do anything? I haven't read the interview, but was she specifically asked to specify which WWE show she meant when she said that? Or did she just compare two very much alike shows, and say how they were even? Is ECW not a part of the WWE now?

I guess that's the part I'm having the most trouble with. When did ECW quit being part of the WWE?

The issue is you're being pedantic and I'm pretty sure you're not that dense so that means you're doing it on purpose. The effort is shallow and transparent. Stop being an ass.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
The issue is you're being pedantic and I'm pretty sure you're not that dense so that means you're doing it on purpose. The effort is shallow and transparent. Stop being an ass.
No, the issue here is that people want to grasp at any reason to criticize TNA and Dixie Carter, and this just another case of them doing so. What Dixie Carter said was 100% correct, in every way she intended it. But, people want to blow it completely out of proportion and take it out of the context of its intent.

Again, I ask you. When did the ECW quit being a part of the WWE?

EDIT: On a side note, while I realize you are an administrator and can do as you like, I would ask that you leave the pointless flaming out of the discussion, and instead focus simply on the topic at hand.

CT Styles

She said,
being on par in the ratings is a huge victory for us.
They're nowhere near on par in the ratings with RAW, not on par with SmackDown! ECW's the next worst and they're generally around ECW's rating.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Again, I ask you. When did the ECW quit being a part of the WWE?

Since when did comparing yourself to the WWE mean only ECW?

EDIT: On a side note, while I realize you are an administrator and can do as you like, I would ask that you leave the pointless flaming out of the discussion, and instead focus simply on the topic at hand.

First of all, I didn't flame you, I said stop acting stupid. If I wanted to flame you I would've called you a pedantic little fuckwit who doesn't seem to be aware of when he is splitting hairs like a douchebag.

See the difference there?

The Rated R CMStar

This is pretty idiotic.

So, if for example Chessarmy's podcast got more viewers than the webcast of ECW, Chess could say he has more viewers than the WWE.

Well, according to Slyfox.

CenaMark54

Why is this even being debated?

Carter compared WWE, the company, to TNA, the company. She didn't compare Impact to ECW. Saying TNA is comparable to WWE is just flat out false.

It really doesn't matter what she meant to say or how people are supposed to interpret her words. What she said is what she said.