Speedball's contract is up this year, and it doesn't seem like he's staying

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
"Speedball" Mike Bailey is in the final year of his TNA Wrestling contract.

In October 2021, it was announced that Bailey had signed a deal with Impact Wrestling. With the contract, Bailey was able to wrestle in the United States for the first time in five years. A visa issue had caused him to be banned from wrestling in the U.S. ffrom 2016-2021.

Bailey spoke with Sports Illustrated in an interview that was published on Wednesday. During the conversation, Bailey revealed that this is his contract year with TNA. He's looking to make the most of every opportunity and win every championship he can:

I’m making the most out of every opportunity given, This is my contract year. I’m doing everything I can to make the most of my time.
I’m glad I’m in a tag team right now–Speedball Mountain–with Trent Seven. I want those tag titles. I want every title.
A tag match with Bailey & Trent Seven taking on Ace Austin & Chris Bey airs on TNA Impact tonight (May 9). The winning team advances to face each other in a singles match to determine the number one contender to the X-Division title, currently held by Mustafa Ali.

Bailey is a former X-Division Champion for TNA/Impact.

The main event of TNA's Under Siege special last Friday was Bailey, Seven & Matt Hardy losing to The System (TNA World Champion Moose and TNA Tag Team Champions Eddie Edwards & Brian Myers).

The 33-year-old Bailey told Sports Illustrated that, while he's had breakthrough moments in his career, he hasn't come close to accomplishing everything he wants to accomplish:

I feel like I’ve had breakthrough moments my entire career. You still see the biggest stars in wrestling having breakthrough moments. Nic Nemeth is a fantastic example. He was doing one thing for many, many years, and now he’s doing something completely different.
I haven’t accomplished anywhere near what I want to do. While I love what I’m doing right now–it’s very fulfilling–it’s only one-tenth of what I plan on doing.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
doesn't necessarily sound like he's giving up his next move yet, I could see him sticking around. 33 still young so he could have one more TNA contract in him. I am assuming AEW would be very interested however. Not sure WWE would be though, he doesn't really seem to tick their boxes.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler