Sorry, Mr. Ziggles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

For those keeping track, Dolph Ziggler has taken part in twenty-six Intercontinental title matches at various events (televised and non-televised) within the past few months, losing all but two. He won one match via count-out with another match being ruled a double count-out. Furthermore, he has come up short in retrieving the title on television on seven different occasions including Night of Champions, SummerSlam, Hell in the Cell and four separate episodes of Friday Night SmackDown!.

Ziggler was at one point scheduled to win the title from Rey Mysterio over the summer, but the high-flying Superstar vetoed dropping the title to him on more than one occasion. When push came to shove as a result of a 30-day suspension for violating the company's drug testing policy in early September, Mysterio agreed to drop the title to John Morrison.

Now it appears that the ship has sailed on Ziggler nabbing the gold as WWE officials have reportedly "given up on him."

On a related noted, Ziggler was voted the "Most Deserving of a Title Shot" among his peers in the "Superstar Survey" taken for the latest issue of WWE Magazine.

Wow, that blows. It's almost as if the booking team is looking at this in terms of kayfabe.
"Well, he cant win 26 title shots why should we give him another?"
As if it's Dolph actually choosing to lose the matches.

Drew, enjoy your IC title reign.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

26? Jesus Christ even Batista wasn't that bad with rematches and title shots.

Part of that is due to the fact that Rey Mysterio was selfish and refused to put him over and launch him into next level.

Oh well. Waits for the "WWE has given up on Jack Swagger Thread"

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
After he was eliminated 1st at SS and pretty soon, I believe this report. I mean, I don't like when people challenge for the title and win it, but when you get back to back challenges and the only one that challenges, that's rediculous.

Oh well. Waits for the "WWE has given up on Jack Swagger Thread"

After he was on the same team as Chavo and Masters last night... yeah, that report will be coming up very soon.

chessarmy

That sucks, I saw good potential with Ziggler. He had good charisma and in ring skills. It would have been nice to see him win the IC Title, at least for a month or so.

Oh well

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'd love to see the WWE defenders suddenly swarm in and say how Ziggler never deserved the title and how this is a good move by Creative. Despite now knowing that it's never going to happen when before they said it was "just too soon" for him to being screwed. Rofls all around.

Beer Money Army

well someone needs to Count HBK World/WWE Championship matches he has losted from 2003-2009.

chessarmy

^ well, WWE has no choice with HBK. Unfortuantely, he doesn't want the belt, he doesn't want the hefty schedule that comes with it, so he won't be winning the title no matter what

Prod1gy

Reaction score
Circumstances happened...Mysterio got hurt, JoMo got the belt...why quickly kill one stars push for another? His time will come...he is still in the upper mid card on SD. Hopefully.

xtremebadass

I am not sure if you can consider him upper mid card. When was like the last time he won a singles match on SD? Low mid card if anything.

noumenon

Bottom line...
Morrison and Drew are to Smackdown right now as Kofi and Sheamus are to RAW.
Ziggler is to Smackdown as Swagger is to RAW.

Kizza

Drew is miles better than Ziggler.

It's only Nick from Spirit Squad, so yeah. And Chavo's caddy. Shit.

Qwake

This is why I am begining to hate WWE more and more. They put all that time and effort into Ziggler and once he's ready they just drop the whole thing, wasting all that time and they move to the next guy. Ziggler owns Drew, I don't hate Drew but I feel Ziggler deserved the title like it was planned when Rey held the belt, fuck Mysterio btw.

And Dolph had 26 title shots but that's including house shows and whatnot, he only had 7 on TV, Batista has a shitload more rematches on TV, I'd hate to see how many rematches Batista's had including house shows!