Sonya Deville Talks Being First Openly Gay Woman In WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score

WWE superstar Sonya Deville is making an impact as part of the ‘Absolution’ stable on the RAW brand and recently made an appearance on Lillian Garcia’s ‘Chasing Glory’ podcast.

Deville talked about being the first openly gay women in the WWE.

“I guess I put a big burden on myself because I want to send out the right message and I want to talk about it properly, and I do want to make sure that people hear my story because I think that it’s an interesting one that can help a lot of people.

I get tweets and stuff. I tear up now just thinking about it.

This little girl the other day was tweeting me, her name’s Courtney, and telling me that she came out to her family because she read my post and everything. I gave her the courage.

That’s the kind of influence I want to have. It’s not just being gay, it’s just being you.”

Reactions: v1LL1n

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it should matter whether a performer is straight, gay or bisexual...

As long as they can wrestle who really cares who they have sex with?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like for once it's not Mandy Rose out first
Is Mandy a lesbian as well? I've heard a rumor
her & Sonya live together...but...I've not heard
anything else.

Edit: Wait I get it..you mean with Mandy being
first out of the Royal Rumble & the Elimination
Chamber right?

That took about an hour to get...

I is using my thinking brain...

Last edited:

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I didn't even know she was gay lol.

She has an interesting look/gimmick at least in NXT. The only thing wrong with her is she is a bit green/new. I don't really care what she gets up to in her private life with consenting adults.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I really don't care about stuff like this. Who she has sex with is her business. I get wanting to be an example but it is 2018. Very few companies will discriminate against people for stuff like this. They will be publicly shamed if they do, specially companies on this level.

Reactions: Doxo