Sonnen's trainer requesting rematch.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Damn right he should ask for a rematch.

That snake Anderson tried greasing before the fight, held on to his shorts the whole round and then got a very generous stoppage. Sonnen has won 5/7 rounds against Anderson btw.

Even with a TKO finish, it was still closer than Bendo/Edgar was :lol: :lol:

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
But let us all forget that it was SONNEN who doped and got caught after the first fight.

Gotta love Sonnen fans and their double standards. -smh-

And it wasn't a "generous stoppage" like I told you in the UFC 148 thread, he ATE FOUR STRAIGHT PUNCHES TO THE HEAD.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Damn right he should ask for a rematch.

That snake Anderson tried greasing before the fight, held on to his shorts the whole round and then got a very generous stoppage. Sonnen has won 5/7 rounds against Anderson btw.

Even with a TKO finish, it was still closer than Bendo/Edgar was :lol: :lol:

Aight he won 5/7 rounds... but he tapped and he got TKO'd. so ummm... yeah he still lost... twice.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Sonnen fans shut up, your guy lost twice already and will never get a title shot again. Go watch him in the WWE and thats it. Idiots that actually thought he could beat Anderson.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I wouldn't exactly say he never stood a chance. If he would have stuck to a gameplan of takedowns he would have had a much better chance. As soon as he tried to keep it standing that was definitely his undoing. But then again Keeping it on the ground he would need to try to keep things busy but he just doesn't seem to have that finishing ability. So yeah he stood a chance but he deviated to something that was Silva's game and once that happened... it was all over.

Sonnen is still a top middleweight but now he is very far from a title shot.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
But let us all forget that it was SONNEN who doped and got caught after the first fight.

Gotta love Sonnen fans and their double standards. -smh-

And it wasn't a "generous stoppage" like I told you in the UFC 148 thread, he ATE FOUR STRAIGHT PUNCHES TO THE HEAD.

I never said he didn't 'get caught doping' but you need to check those facts, he was legally doing TRT yet got unjustly banned like Overeem did.

As for the second point, you show me where he landed 4 straight punches. You won't be able to because they were blocked or missed, just like the Lesnar v Carwin fight (which wasn't stopped despite being way worse a beating).

Answer me this, if that fight was stopped for four straight punches that had no effect then why wasn't the first fight stopped when Chael was landing 10 punch combos unanswered?

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
In what fight? He never landed punches that hurt Silva in the second fight. You can clearly watch any of the vids for the second fight and see them make contact to Sonnen's face. I understand you're never going to accept that because like every other Sonnen fan you're too busy drinking the kool aid and jizzing yourself over his E esque promos. He was beaten twice plain and simple. Get over it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You are the guy who's all riled up about it, not me.

Look at the video and point out where he landed these phantom punches, because I've watched it and counted one significant punch before the ref dived in like it was some massacre.

[video=youtube;auFKxv0-gis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auFKxv0-gis&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: