Songs in 3 4 time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I really need your help guys. Do you have some rock music in 3 4 time signature/triple meter?

Kizza

I have no idea, i don't know all that technical time signature speak.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
"Orion" by Metallica - I think it's only the one "slow" part though, but I'm not sure.
"Manic Depression" by Hendrix Probably my favorite Hendrix song
"Obscured" by The Smashing Pumpkins I've never heard this at all, so no comment.

I never pay attention to the time signatures of the songs since most bands don't use written music and some bands just use really weird time signatures or have lot's of time changes, so it would be hard to keep up with.

And if you could explain a little more on what 3 4 time means in rock music I could try to help. :)
In written music, there are whats called measures or bars. Each bar contains the time signature specified number of beats. What the time signature does is denote A) how many beats are in a bar and B) which note counts as one beat. The most standard time signature is 4/4 time. Which means that there are 4 beats in one bar and a quarter note equals one beat. If the signature was 2/2, there would be 2 beats per bar and a half note equals one beat. In the case of 3/4 there are three beats per bar and a quarter note equals one beat.

So it's actually kinda difficult to tell what the time signature for a song is without seeing the actual written music...especially if you can't read written music.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
You can also see the time signatures by trying to get the rhythm/beat of the music. Thanks for the help guys.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Piano Man by Billy Joel is I believe. As is House of the Rising Sun by the Animals.

And what Chuck says is accurate. Most bands jump switch time signatures very often in a given song. Even then 2/2 (cut time) is the most common and it still jumps around a lot.