Something You Wish Never Happened In The WWE/F

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
-Putting Kane in so many stupid storylines over the years. He's become a joke. Just look at the current angle he is in with Daniel Bryan. You'd never see Undertaker involved in comedic angles like this. Kane was originally supposed to be Undertaker's equal in terms of having a dark or serious 'monster' (Taker is an undead phenom, not a monster, but whatever) on the roster.

-The newly re-branded ECW concept from 2006-2010.

-A lot of stupid shit from the Attitude Era.

-Replacing bookers (actual wrestling minds) with Hollywood writers, and making the promos so scripted. Even wrestlers like Austin have complained about this, stating that people used to be able to more freely come up with their own promos and gimmicks but they want to script almost everything so tightly now.

-Bringing back the women's division in the late 90's.

There's more, but these immediately come to mind.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Mae Young's hand-son

:dawg: I forgot about that. I think Vince was high when he okay'd that one. LOL

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
-Putting Kane in so many stupid storylines over the years. He's become a joke. Just look at the current angle he is in with Daniel Bryan. You'd never see Undertaker involved in comedic angles like this. Kane was originally supposed to be Undertaker's equal in terms of having a dark or serious 'monster' (Taker is an undead phenom, not a monster, but whatever) on the roster.

-The newly re-branded ECW concept from 2006-2010.

-A lot of stupid shit from the Attitude Era.

-Replacing bookers (actual wrestling minds) with Hollywood writers, and making the promos so scripted. Even wrestlers like Austin have complained about this, stating that people used to be able to more freely come up with their own promos and gimmicks but they want to script almost everything so tightly now.

-Bringing back the women's division in the late 90's.

There's more, but these immediately come to mind.

I agree about Kane. Its like they turned a powerful superstar into another Santino.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
There's a good side about what happened to Kane's character though. It kept the character fresh. OK, he's not that useful for a supernatural character atm or anything, but the "monster who destroys everyone", which was basically his gimmick, can only work for so long.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Leo C said:
There's a good side about what happened to Kane's character though. It kept the character fresh. OK, he's not that useful for a supernatural character atm or anything, but the "monster who destroys everyone", which was basically his gimmick, can only work for so long.

You could make a similar argument about Undertaker, and yet he's remained in that gimmick for pretty much 20 years. Even keeping Kane as a monster, there is still a way of freshening him up, like when he became more 'human' with his friendship with X-Pac and supposed relationship with Tori or when Snitsky caused Lita to have a miscarriage (although I hated the latter angle) or the way he unmasked and became a full blown monster again, etc. Him slapping Daniel Bryan on the ass? Urgh.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
You could make a similar argument about Undertaker, and yet he's remained in that gimmick for pretty much 20 years. Even keeping Kane as a monster, there is still a way of freshening him up, like when he became more 'human' with his friendship with X-Pac and supposed relationship with Tori or when Snitsky caused Lita to have a miscarriage (although I hated the latter angle) or the way he unmasked and became a full blown monster again, etc. Him slapping Daniel Bryan on the ass? Urgh.

True. I thought about Taker as I wrote about Kane, but with Taker we had the Biker gimmick as well. That would completely break his current character but since they never mention it and the current fans don't know it works, but that's not the point. It's true that they could've done many different things with Kane without completely destroying his monster image.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
CM Punk said:

:dafuq: you mean?

The be a star thing? Cause to me, that's making bullying worse. lol

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
The death of the womens division and scrapping of cruiserweight.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Britanica said:
:dafuq: you mean?

The be a star thing? Cause to me, that's making bullying worse. lol

General Bullying. Like the time's JR got made fun of.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
General Bullying. Like the time's JR got made fun of.

Ohhhhh

So what about Punk and Heyman teasing King about his heart attack?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Britanica said:
Ohhhhh

So what about Punk and Heyman teasing King about his heart attack?

I don't consider that bullying. I consider it funny.