Something positive

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
There seens to be a lot of negative energy in the online wrestling community lately. So lets play a game where we all share 1 postive thing about WWE and AEW.

WWE- I think WWE is hitting it out of the park with Bray Wyatt's new character. Its refreshing to see how well WWE repackaged an already great character into something new and exciting. The build up to his return, with the vignettes was something that was a throwback but still works so well in these modern times.

AEW- I think Cody is the star that shines brightest in AEW. He has had the most significant moments and I think the promotion will do well if it gravitates more towards his creative ideas. Dusty would sure be proud of his boy!!!

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
AEW is bringing change to wrestling. It's a great alternative for people who are sick of WWE.

As for WWE... I'm drawing a blank.. although I haven't been following it that closely the last few months.

I've heard great things about Bray Wyatt, Heyman is apparently taking over creative, whatever the fuck that means. I'm sure Vince is still in charge.

I like Lacey Evans, she's as legit as it gets...

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The AEW is a new & exciting wrestling federation that is refreshing to watch.

The WWE is...well...you see...does NXT count?
WWE went from PG-13 to Kid Friendly. I mean, Really?! Just leave the kids at home and bring back the Pg-13! I've not watched WWE in mega months so I hv no idea what's going on anways. Other than that disturbing Promo Bray did a while back with that creepy doll house episode. AEW caught my attention more. Maybe I ought to start watching the kind of Wrestling that Jeffry liked. ?Even that would be better than WWE now a days. In my Opinion.

Reactions: Crash

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
AEW is a breath of Fresh air and while they are still fine tuning themselves, they have had some generally good shows and considering they are hinting at removing the Librarian thing, they seem to be (hopefully) listening to fan feedback good and bad.

WWE I can say that other than NXT, they have done an overall VERY solid job booking Kofi as WWE Champ by making him seem strong, and in hearing the fan response and acting quick while it was hot to begin with. I think his reign whether it ends at Summerslam or later *knock on wood and not chew* will be looked at as mostly positive.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
they have done an overall VERY solid job booking Kofi as WWE Champ by making him seem strong, and in hearing the fan response and acting quick while it was hot to begin with. I think his reign whether it ends at Summerslam or later *knock on wood and not chew* will be looked at as mostly positive.
You make a great point Beavie...

I'm actually really happy for Kofi & his booking has been excellent...
almost like he IS the actual WWE Champion...unlike some other title
holders who still seem to get pinned every second week.

I have to be honest & say I would have made Big E the WWE Champion
instead of Kofi...but the New Day as a whole are generally always a bright
spot on WWE television.

Mainly because they are proper characters with likeable fun personalities.

The New Day > The Shield

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
WWE: The largest established wrestling company with a lot of history, more focused on storylines and has a large roster with plenty of talent.

AEW: New company in its early stages, gives more exposure to younger rising stars and has a bigger variety of wrestlers and different wrestling styles.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
You make a great point Beavie...

I'm actually really happy for Kofi & his booking has been excellent...
almost like he IS the actual WWE Champion...unlike some other title
holders who still seem to get pinned every second week.

I have to be honest & say I would have made Big E the WWE Champion
instead of Kofi...but the New Day as a whole are generally always a bright
spot on WWE television.

Mainly because they are proper characters with likeable fun personalities.

The New Day > The Shield

Big E should be a future champ, but Kofi put in the miles and proved he was main event worthy and overall has done well. Hell even Xavier can do well on his own although I see him more *currently* as a guy in the IC/US scene first.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
WWE: ...yeah I have nothing nice to say. I coukd they have some of my favorites, but then I remember they aee doing nothing with them.

AEW: ...it is good, but I don't know what to fully except once they get on tv. As well as the fact they aee showcasing Joshi is cool.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Big E should be a future champ, but Kofi put in the miles and proved he was main event worthy and overall has done well. Hell even Xavier can do well on his own although I see him more *currently* as a guy in the IC/US scene first.
I always had this idea in my mind that Big E would become the World/Universal/WWE Champion...
Kofi would claim a mid-card title...I.C or U.S...& Xavier would win the Cruiserweight title & the New
Day would kind of "take over" a brand...but in a friendly way if that makes sense.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Another shout for PPV Quality. We had a good Rumble, great Elimination Chamber, satisfying Wrestlemania, fun MITB until the ending, and Fastlane/Stomping Grounds/ER all overdelivered.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
AEW - I love the direction they are headed, i have high hopes for them and ive enjoyed all their shows! except the pre shows...those need some work lol (But the latest one was a improvement.)

WWE - BRAY WYATT! i absolutely LOVE what they are doing with Bray and The Fiend, its the part i look forward to now every Monday, I remember back when The Wyatt Family debuted back in 2013 and i NEW Bray was gonna be a huge star, but then they made him lose again and again, but now i think they understand and wont screw this up, i think this time will be different!