*Soccer Station #2*- EPL's Referees

• Thread starter Wrestling Station
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

This time im going to talk about the ref's in the EPL.

Many people say that the English referees are not to the standard.

As we all know, EPL is always in the top 3 leagues in Europe since 1995. From that time till today, the English referees are always causing dylema and big mistakes in most of the critical matches in the EPL.

Despite the "major mistake" in the World Cup 2006 by Mr English Ref (......) gave 3 yellow cards to a player!! (Eventhough that ref is ranked in the top two refs in England). That was a big proof that there is a big problem the English football federation must look into.

How many times in the EPL we saw a crucial mistake by refs that caused a major change in the EPL's clubs results.

So why dont they ask the help from Germany and Italy to provide them with better/ more accurate decision taking refs than the ones available in England?

Why not? IMO this kind of action would elevate the league standards and would be more as a fair game as FIFA always claims it is.

Switchy

Reaction score
Another great soccer station, Station! I agree that the refs aren't doing their jobs well in te premiership and I heard that in the SPL the ref's have to watch a video to see whether players were diving and they got let off and other incidents in the match. I think that would be the best sulution other than video refs.

phantomgerald

Erm I think they are ok, as compared to referees in Spain and Italy, they are at the same standard. What most people don't think about is that the referees have to run almost as much as the players, but get paid a lot less and are always going to have their actions scruntinised. But the thing I can't stand is that the referees are subject to vulgarities from the players. I think a yellow card should be shown for every fuck word directed at the referee.

the dark knight

its still the "soccer" station? bad boy :(

As we all know, EPL is always in the top 3 leagues in Europe since 1995. From that time till today, the English referees are always causing dylema and big mistakes in most of the critical matches in the EPL.
1)the EPL is the most prestigious league in the world since it was made! and the FA cup is the oldest football championship in the world :). so basically, english football isnt just from 1995.
2)every damn referee in every sport cause drama :( sad, but true.

Despite the "major mistake" in the World Cup 2006 by Mr English Ref (......) gave 3 yellow cards to a player!! (Eventhough that ref is ranked in the top two refs in England). That was a big proof that there is a big problem the English football federation must look into.

1)his name is Graham Poll and he retired months ago.
2)mistakes happen, i just dont stalk a certain nation and its referees to name a couple of big screw ups :shifty:

How many times in the EPL we saw a crucial mistake by refs that caused a major change in the EPL's clubs results.

a mistake in a match > a mistake in the whole damn league.

the serie A keeps fucking up every year. the spanish league is a joke, mistakes every match.

the bundes liga...i dont watch it much to be honest.

So why dont they ask the help from Germany and Italy to provide them with better/ more accurate decision taking refs than the ones available in England?
England doesnt need refs from anywhere, iand you have to be kidding forreally believing that England will ask for help from others...and in football. how many foreign refs do you see in the seria a? anyway, our referees are good and better than a lot others. they're more skilled but guess what? the better you are, the bigger the mistakes you make. and the mistakes dont happen every match so...

but a great topic to talk about bro, ;)

Reaction score
referees will never be credible as long as they don't introduce video cameras to decide whether for sure a player is offside,whether there's really a penalty and whether a ball has crossed the line.The season has not started and we have already had two glaring mistakes in the liverpool/feyenoord match where a perfectly valid goal was disallowed and an imaginary penalty was given.Now just imagine if this was a champions league game!!!!!!These 2 mistakes could have been avoided if a camera was used.FIFA could at least have experimented camera use in the pre season matches but that's asking too much of fat a**blatter and his cohorts.I don't think mistakes have anything to do with the nationality of refs but FIFA's inability to take crucial decisions.As for graham poll he just forgot to take his cup of tea before the match that's why he screwed up.I don't blame poll for giving 3 yellows,it can happen but why did he give the 3rd yellow AFTER the match was over.That's when he really bacame a joke:LOL:

Wrestling Station

^i think FIFA dont want to use camera's in any match to keep football as being so hyped and preserve the fact of it as one of the oldiest kind of team sports in the world (to keep the good ole style of the game).

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Yeah well what's the point if it isn't a "good" ole game because of bad decisions by refs. Old or not regulations shouild be made to make it as fair as possible.

phantomgerald

The thing about using video to determine the outcome of a match is very subjective and can still be biased. When is play stopped for the video viewing to come into play? What kind of situations can be reviewed? If they stop play on every foul, then there would be no flow to the game.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^I reckon what the SPL are gonna use would work with the fouls, offisdes etc being reviewed after the match by the officials. I would keep the flow of the match and players would still get punished for something that may usually be missed.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
hmm, referees r usually ok, English r standard, ppl always complain about their own, here in Italy ppl say our referees r crap, then at World Cup every referee from any country is crap...:nonono: only guy above the others is our Pierluigi Collina (6 time IFFHS best referee in the world) still kinda overrated

the dark knight

^^collina was my fav ref :D

along with that dannish guy, i forgot his name.

phantomgerald

Collina screaming at the player instead of sending him off= classic. And his eyes were scary.

_793660_collina300.jpg

the dark knight

^^thats exactly why i love him. he looks sexy :inlove: lol

phantomgerald

I wouldn't hit a bald, screaming fourty plus years alien lookalike if I were you