So....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

What's next for GSP and Brock Lesnar? These were the two guys who defended their title tonight, and succesfully. Who could face them next?
Brock vs Fedor would be crazy, but unless Fedor signs with UFC, it obviously won't happen. Who should face him next? Cain Velasquez, maybe? Or is it the winnter of Couture vs Noguera? I don't know what's next for GSP...

PeepShow

I'd love to see Lesnar/Minotauro.

Rematch for Henderson against Silva imo.

xtremebadass

Well the obvious choice would be Lesnar against the winner of Nogueira vs. Couture at UFC 104. I don't see any heavyweight in line for contention, maybe a match with Carwin vs. Velasquez, that could be interesting, but I really see Lesnar against Couture or Nog for sure.

GSP, well, Dana White said himself that the only way the UFC would ever start talking about a superfight between GSP and Anderson Silva is if GSP could get past Thiago. GSP defeated Alves tonight and thus has really cleaned out his division much like Anderson Silva. However, since Silva is taking on Forrest at UFC 101, I don't see it happening anytime soon because after that Silva will have to defend his belt. Maybe sometime mid to late 2010.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yeah, I want to see Henderson vs. Silva again. No offense to the Brits here... but that English piece of shit Bisping got what the fuck he deserved last night!

And it was funny as shit to see Mir get knocked out. I, to this day, still think Brock was robbed in the first fight by Mir's tactical rolling to take illegal blows... that shit really pissed Brock off. But now Lesnar is improving in all facets and really learning the craft, and I hope people continue to call him a fluke, because when he's motivated to silence the critics, he goes out and destroys shit. I don't see big competition for him coming up, and Fedor has damn near guaranteed that Affliction will be the contract offer he signs... I think Dana fucked that opportunity up several times :(, sadly.

DENNIN

Reaction score
Brock vs Fedor would be amazing if it actually happened. But I would think Velasquez is next in line. As for GSP...he's basically swept through the division. Only thing left really is to go up a weight class and face Anderson. Unless they sign some ridiculous foreign talent to face GSP or they call some up and comer to face him.

Reaction score
Valesquez and Carwin are fighting at UFC 104 in October, so there is a pretty good chance that will be a number 1 contender’s match. Maybe Nog if he beats Couture, but I don't see Couture getting another title fight already if he beats Nog.

As for GSP, they said at UFC 100 that his next opponent would be the winner of Kampmann and Swick who fight at UFC 103.

MJ807

Reaction score
The only PPV with Brock Lesnar main eventing that I will buy again will be if he ever fights Fedor. Because that's the only person that I can see making it a fight and I'm just wasting my money buying PPVS where I'll see a boring Lesnar match. For GSP he'll defend his title against whoever he faces and then hopefully we'll see Silva vs. GSP where Silva will knock GSP the fuck out.

MikeRaw

^Lol, Lesnar is hardly boring. This was his only 'boring' fight. He controlled it, and worked slow. All his other fights have been fast, and I'm betting that in the future, his fights will be faster again too. He just got Mir in a good position, and took advantage of him.

MJ807

Reaction score
Fast fights are boring fights, fights that end in the first round aren't considered fights of the night I for one hate first round knockouts unless it is against a person I truly despise (Bisping). I want to see fights go long and see fighters true potentials I want to see if Lesnar can last 5 rounds toe to toe with someone not lay down on someone for a fight. But I admit right now Lesnar is the best Heavyweight in the UFC, I don't like the guy and think he's a disrespectful piece of shit. No one in the UFC right now stands a chance against him and that's why I won't be watching anymore of his fights until he meets someone that can put up a fight against him. I thought Mir would be able to do that but I guess I was wrong.

xtremebadass

Yes, this Lesnar fight was a little less than I expected. He didn't have his classic hammer fists or any stand up strikes. His onslaught on Herring was great and his unloading on Mir in their first fight was awesome. He even had some good shots in the Couture fight, but this, idk what happened here. He controlled it well, it just didn't have alot of action.

Wrestling Station

^I think Lesnar was worried alot from getting submitted and he was in rage to beat the crap out of Mir. So in his mind he played it safe and got what he wanted at the end; to win back the revenge.

I think Lesnars next fight will be a good show for him. (Against Cain or Carwin) it will be good for us to see how he keeps improving his MMA skills with every fight.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I think Lesnar was worried alot from getting submitted and he was in rage to beat the crap out of Mir. So in his mind he played it safe and got what he wanted at the end; to win back the revenge.

I think Lesnars next fight will be a good show for him. (Against Cain or Carwin) it will be good for us to see how he keeps improving his MMA skills with every fight.

He wasn't worried about being locked in submission... that was more than likely the furthest thing from his mind.

I don't get you all. When Brock comes out swinging, people get mad and say he's still a wrestler. Then he starts applying MMA to his arsenal, different takedowns and holds and shit, and timing himself.. and people complain.