So You Want to be a Booker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Go to the Firefox tab in upper left corner, click it, click options, click the security icon when options pop up, click saved passwords, the box should pop up, click show passwords, and find the one that corresponds with wweforums.net

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Go to the Firefox tab in upper left corner, click it, click options, click the security icon when options pop up, click saved passwords, the box should pop up, click show passwords, and find the one that corresponds with wweforums.net

lol Got it working again. Thanks.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Ummmm... CM Punk? Seriously though I see what you're getting at, and it's an excellent point. Usually out-of-kayfabe stuff doesn't come across well on TV.

I saw that as more of a shot at WCW in the "last days", when you'd get Schiavone talking about how "that wasn't in the script". And I think it's good advice, because you're right in that it doesn't come across well on TV. But, like all good advice, you have to know when to not follow the rules.

This "article" was written by someone who has nothing to do with the business, and no knowledge of what they're talking about.

Vince?

wk

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I saw that as more of a shot at WCW in the "last days", when you'd get Schiavone talking about how "that wasn't in the script". And I think it's good advice, because you're right in that it doesn't come across well on TV. But, like all good advice, you have to know when to not follow the rules.

Vince?

wk
Don't worry Waco, the other kid is a troll. He's trying a bit hard too.

TNA Sucks

Jobber
Reaction score
That I did. I didn't have it saved or written down anywhere (well, actually I did... the computer had it "saved" so that every time I typed my user name in, the password would automatically be generated so that I didn't have to bother remembering it, but with the merge today, that changed for some reason), and I also forgot my e-mail address, which if I recall is something you need to know in order to have a new password sent to you. So on the spur of the moment, I just created a new account. (For some reason, I kind of like the idea of a fresh start anyway.)

This article covers several points that actual bookers (Vince Russo, Bruce Pritchard, Jim Cornette, etc.) have raised before themselves in interviews. So ya, I'd say it's pretty on point.
Fuck you

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

True that, man. So you're saying that the recent recent kayfabe-breaking is okay, since it all led to something done for kayfabe reasons? Like the whole thing about Triple H wanting the "face of the company" to be someone larger than Bryan (hinting at the champion being chosen instead of wrestlers winning a championship) has turned into an excellent kayfabe angle that got Bryan really over. AJ Styles ripping the CM Punk promo essentially tuned Dixie heel. The Pipebomb was just the stars aligning and magic happening, haha. So a little of that is okay. ;)

As a not-so-wise-man said one day, "When WCW broke kayfabe, the casuals had no idea what was going on and the hardcore fans thought it was a stupid angle." So you're saying don't do dumb shit that benefits noone? Sage advice as always.

Reactions: Wacokid27