So WWE have announced Hogan's return...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
So that it can be the top trend on Facebook?

Because that's how I found out they'd actually announced it.

wk

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
How long has he been out of the WWE? I was three when I started watching WWE and then there was that gap where I missed a few years. I think I first started watching WWE in 1997-2001. I know he wasn't there in 2007. That was the year when I first started watching again. So on the early years that I mentioned I don't really remember any of his matches.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
How long has he been out of the WWE? I was three when I started watching WWE and then there was that gap where I missed a few years. I think I first started watching WWE in 1997-2001. I know he wasn't there in 2007. That was the year when I first started watching again. So on the early years that I mentioned I don't really remember any of his matches.

According to http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/hulk-hogan-19.html?prom_id=2 his last WWE match was Summerslam 2006 and he defeated Randy Orton.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Eh..... I want you to imagine Triple H talking about he wants a host at 'Mania. Orton's in the ring and all of a sudden Hogan's music hits.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
don't think it really makes a difference if they announce it or not

madmax123

Jobber
Reaction score
I thought Hogan as not cleared by WWE health policy... is he competing in mania?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Eh..... I want you to imagine Triple H talking about he wants a host at 'Mania. Orton's in the ring and all of a sudden Hogan's music hits.

More fitting for it to be Vince who announces Hogan, all things considered. But meh.

I agree with others about not seeing the point of announcing it beforehand, mainly due to the fact that if they were going to, I wonder why they didn't hype it up for the past week or two and decided to only do so now on their website. Then again, you could make the argument that since not every WWE fan follows them on Twitter and since not every WWE fan visits their website daily, many people won't see the announcement and will still end up surprised. Then again, who cares.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
More fitting for it to be Vince who announces Hogan, all things considered. But meh.

I agree with others about not seeing the point of announcing it beforehand, mainly due to the fact that if they were going to, I wonder why they didn't hype it up for the past week or two and decided to only do so now on their website. Then again, you could make the argument that since not every WWE fan follows them on Twitter and since not every WWE fan visits their website daily, many people won't see the announcement and will still end up surprised. Then again, who cares.

The rumor's been running around for a while that he would sign to do something at Mania (and the speculation has been wilder), along with the news that he wasn't cleared by WWE Medical to wrestle. I wonder if they announced it the way they did to prevent the signing leaking and ruining the surprise, like what happened with Batista.

wk

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Teehee, they have to know by now TMZ is lurking everywhere, they get paid to do so and bonuses depending on the buzz around the story. To truly sneak someone around you would have to put a trenchcoat on them and mask over their face.