So when exactly did 3 hours of Raw became boring??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

P1Goat

Jobber
Reaction score
I still remember during 2011/early 2012 when people were really excited about Raw becoming 3 hours.Many undercard and midcard Superstars would get some attention who wouldnt get tv time.Hell even during the 2013-2014 period people were satisfied Raw was decent 3 hours show.Fast forward to 2017,people are complaining Raw is too long when they have been watching 3 hours for 4 years.So what exactly made 3 hours suddenly boring?

Reactions: The Phenom

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Week 1. People knew from the word go that WWE would not be able to book a 3 hour weekly TV show to be compelling.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think a few months in to it being 3 hours. I mean I have been saying it since then, that 3 hours is too much and basically why I only watch recaps of Raw.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I missed from 2005-early 2015. So I started again with 3 hours. And immediately I hated it. They drag segments out big time. Skits and matches both.

M Kells

The Showoff
Reaction score
Authority segments, the 3-4 bathroom break matches, the 56 man tag matches. It can get boring very quickly.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I remember Crayo dreading it the minute it was reported on here. All the longtimes talked up how the show would drag too much, but it was more spots to do more things with the talents said the optimists, and that never really transpired.

Think it was the Raw after Mania 31 where it super-duper struck me, when they had an incredible two-hour Raw with an awkward samey third hour tacked on. Then realized that even though there's been good Raw shows, I can't say there's been a show that justified the 3rd hour.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nobody can book a 3-hour weekly show and have it be consistently good. Unless you break it into a one-hour show followed by a two-hour one with a completely different roster (or whatever combination that adds up to 3) you can't do it. Tbh I think a two-hour long weekly show with a bunch of PPVs is already difficult enough, but 3 is just absurd.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly think the 3 hour RAW would seem easier to digest if there were story lines to be invested in...
and its not like RAW doesn't have the...ugh...raw materials to work with.

I can think of plenty of story opportunities just off the top of my head that could make RAW a more intriguing show:
~ The Self-Destruction of the New Day...(Big E heel turn)
~ The Redemption of Rusev...(Rusev face turn...Lana becomes C.J Perry and drops the accent)
~ The Demon King Wants It All (Finn Balor "becomes" the Demon King)
~ The Cruiserweights Invade...(Neville leads the Cruiserweights in an Invasion style angle)
~ Bolieve in Sister Abigail (Bo Dallas begins to channel the same "forces" as his brother)
~ The Jealous Rage of Emma(lina) (Emma returns and violently attacks anyone in her way)

The simple fact is if a show is engaging...then it won't matter how long its run time is...