so what happened with joes "kidnappers"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

iamironman

Reaction score
here latly tna's had m ore holes than swiss cheeze

KenFan4life

Reaction score
here latly tna's had m ore holes than swiss cheeze

yeah' there's a lot of unexplain'd things poppin' 'round the impact creator....it's like an x-files/twilightzone/unexplaindmysterys/historychannel type stuff going on....

Orlando Jones stripping in front of children.
Angle beating Anderson on PPV.
Scott Hall in a ring post-hbk era.
Samoa Joe kidnapping Jay Lethal for some Sexual OZ love.
idk....It's a bit of a mess.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Samoa Joe came out wearing his old gear and I thought that was great, until I remembered he got kidnapped and there was no real explanation where he was or who kidnapped him. That just fits with TNA's trend of not actually having to make sense with storylines. They try to build up Pope for 2 months for a huge title match at Lockdown. He gets stabbed with a pen and then the next night, with no build up, RVD picks up the belt. GO FIGURE.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
They were in the middle of a match. How the hell are they going to say what happened? They don't even know where Joe was. Only Joe does. Nobody got a chance to say anything cause he came in, killed the faces, tripped over Roode, and then left. They're obviously playing the mystery angle with this.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
He was completey silent the entire time. I thought it would make more sense since he got kidnapped to come back with a new look and as a heel. Usually how these kidnapping things work.

TDamien

Reaction score
He was completey silent the entire time. I thought it would make more sense since he got kidnapped to come back with a new look and as a heel. Usually how these kidnapping things work.

And that's probably why TNA didn't do just that.

Tobe__

Reaction score
Didn't we all sort of predict this would happen? Im suprised that people are actually shocked it turned out this way.

btman

Reaction score
They were in the middle of a match. How the hell are they going to say what happened? They don't even know where Joe was. Only Joe does. Nobody got a chance to say anything cause he came in, killed the faces, tripped over Roode, and then left. They're obviously playing the mystery angle with this.

The only reasonable post in this thread.

I'm sure on this weeks Impact you can all find out. Or find how who got shafted. I mean drafted on Raw.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Eric Bischoff: "So I think we need to get Joe off TV for a while, let him refresh his character a bit and come back strong. I'm not sure how to write him off TV though..."

Ed Ferrara: "Hmmm, how about we reveal that he was 'injured' at a recent house show?"

*Vince Russo enters room*

Vince Russo: "Hey guys, how's it going?"

Eric Bischoff: "Fine, we're just trying to figure out how to write Samoa Joe off TV for a while, I think he needs to refresh his character"

Vince Russo: "Why don't we have him get kidnapped by ninjas?"

Eric Bischoff: "That sounds ok, but then how do we bring him back?"

Vince Russo: "Lets just run the angle and we'll worry about that later"

The above is a dramatization of a typical TNA creative meeting, illustrating how the writers decided to go with an angle without figuring out how to justify it. Nobody knows what happened with Joe's "kidnappers", and since the writers never bothered to come up with a reason, nobody ever will.