So, Let's Talk About John Cena ...

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Alright, this thread is not an, 'OMG Cena is shit' thread. We are not talking about how good anyone thinks he is in the ring. If you are here to talk shit, then GTFO of my thread. NOW.

Alright, so Cena has been involved with JBL. Of course they didn't have a match at Night of Champions, since neither of them are Champions, but it looks like their feud is still going after last weeks Raw. JBL having Cena kicked out, and Cena returning (WITH HIS HOMIES CRYME TYME) cannot have been done for nothing. Unless WWE are not thinking straight. So what is Cena's feud with JBL going to continue much longer? And what should he do after that?

I don't think this JBL/Cena thing has too much left in it. I think WWE believes the same thing, and at the Great American Bash, I think we will get a Triple Threat for CM Punk's World Heavyweight Championship. This will be the last time JBL and Cena meet on PPV for awhile IMO, because I see Punk getting the pinfall victory over JBL, then JBL and Cena going seperate ways.

Cena will then claim Number One Contendership, on the basis that Punk has never beaten him, and was never able to do it at Great American Bash. That leads into SummerSlam, where we see CM Punk one on one with John Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship. Cena will most likely come out of this victorious, with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist. Punk either gets a rematch on Raw, or at Unforgiven, but Cena retains.

After Cena has retained, Randy Orton makes his comeback, attacking John Cena. Meanwhile, Batista and JBL are feuding. The two start working together for a few weeks on Raw, and seem all buddy buddy. Cena reatins his Title over Orton at No Mercy (in possibly a LMS, playing off the gimmick they would have had last year), and all is good in the world of the Chain Gang. Cena and Batsita then team up for awhile longer, and we move onto Survivor Series, where they are joint captains of there team. In this match, Batista brutalises Cena when the odds are against the faces, and walks out on him. batista comes out, says he did it because he wants his title back. Btaista wins the title at Armageddon with a screwy ending.

Cena gets a rematch on Raw, and Batista once again screws him out of it. So Cena goes into the Rumble, wanting a rematch, and what do you know, he wins it. Cena then goes on to WM, and the bhig Cena vs Batista match happens, with Cena winning back his title.

Didn't expect that I could get up to WM, but IMO, all of this is very possible.

What are your thoughts on what Cena will do?

1chiban

Reaction score
Would make sense I suppose, perhaps the formation of the Orton/Batista stable could come out of this too. There is little doubt that Cena will get his title back, so I guess this would be the best way to do it.

MikeRaw

Theres too many ideas of stables, but only 2 are going to be formed IMO. Cena/Cryme Tyme and either JBL/Team Priceless or Batista/Orton/Team Priceless....
Anyways, I think it will be the JBL one, and thats what I think cena should do. Feud with them. It could last until probably September, and then he will have a short feud, probably a title run at the end of the year, til early 2009, and then he'll start off his feud with Batista. He needs to have one title run this year, and the end of the year is a good time, but in the meantime, the JBL feud could go for a while.

CenaMark54

In an ideal world, Cena will form a stable with Crime Time and stay out of the title picture for a while. He can fued with JBL and his security guards. Then Orton and Batista can come back and kick the living shit out of every stable in the WWE.

In reality, JBL will win the title from Punk, feud with Cena over the title and Cena will win it by Summerslam.

The Rated R CMStar

In reality, JBL will win the title from Punk, feud with Cena over the title and Cena will win it by Summerslam.

That's what we are all afraid of.

scotland123

Reaction score
Yeah for the sake of getting boring, which Cena is not (just sometimes annoying) he has to stay out the title picture. Being with Cryme Tyme's a good way to do this. I think that Cena just needs a new move set to get rid of these haters. I don't love him, but he's a worthy champion I suppose when he is the champ. He has charisma, energy, an average wrestling ability, a great physique etc, just his move sequence is the same each time.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I actually could see Cena feuding with Jericho after Y2J's thing with HBK ends. Cena could get his title chance, but to be screwed out of the title due to an outside interference. We could see Cena and Cryme Tyme vs Cade, Y2J and someone else. This could be done after Summerslam, maybe to Survivor Series. From SS to the Rumble, ideally I would see Cena and maybe the returning Orton feud, but that might be a little too early. Cena wins the Rumble and challenges WHC Batista at Wrestlemania. This could be completely wrong, but who knows, I love when WWE surprises me.

Axis

I'm also hoping for a Cena/Batista match at WrestleMania, but I'd honestly rather it not be for a title. It'd be simple to book and I'd say pretty epic. Title slots should go to Punk/Jericho and Edge/Triple H, imo.

CenaMark54

I'm also hoping for a Cena/Batista match at WrestleMania, but I'd honestly rather it not be for a title. It'd be simple to book and I'd say pretty epic. Title slots should go to Punk/Jericho and Edge/Triple H, imo.

While i agree with your assessment of Cena/Batista and Edge/HHH, I have to disagree with having Punk/Jericho in a title match at Mania.

Orton vs Punk or Orton vs Taker or even Orton vs HBK again would be a better fit. If both Cena and Batista are in a non title feud, Orton has to be in the title match.

xtremebadass

I think Cena will dwindle on Raw as the renegade rebelling against JBL's authority. JBL will probably put Cena in bogus matches against BIG guys like Kane keeping him away from the title hunt. He will most likely team up with Cryme Tyme, but I really don't see him holding the title until the end of the summer at earliest. I hope to see Jericho feud with Cena in the future.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
All I have to say is that JBL better not ever hold the title. Good grief would he be boring. Same speech same thing over and over. As far as Cena is concerned I don't mind him having the belt but let's not make him superman and hold it for a year. I nice 3 or four month title run is good enough.