So is Orton a real face?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Unfortunately they all are. I've heard that some guys are given leeway to improv like Triple H, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels & Undertaker, but for the majority the writing team does all promo. I know about Jericho's involvement in his character from interviews he gave on XM Satellite radio's Opie & Anthony show mentioning it & mentioning the few others that do too. There were one or two WWE scripts on the net a year or more ago that showed scripted promos. Also I've read a lot of SCSA interviews over the years & he would always say things to the effect that the over scripting is killing WWE creatively. The best thing about Austin was that he would call WWE on their faults to their faces. Paul Heyman put up a good article talking about how SCSA left WWE because the writing was shit & they wanted him to drop the belt to Brock without any kind of feud on a Raw instead of a PPV. The article was good because it had somethings in it that SCSA didn't have in his book, such as Brock agreeing with Austin's decision to walk out after learning about the business more. Heyman also mentioned how pissed Vince was because there was no confrontation between them.

I fully believe you on this, I guess it means that CM Punk gets more credit than he deserves.

Orton is now a clear face, his reaction after he hits an RKO is enough for anyone to be able to realise he is now a face. I agree that he has changed his in ring style, for example in his Wrestlemania match against Cody and Ted he was getting dominated but then broke out into speedy offense, exactly like a face. The fact that he is doing that pose again is excellent, really getting over that he is a face.

RC Styles

Reaction score
srry but orton just has 4 moves

1:clothesline
2:slam
3:backbreaker
4:and rko

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Orton as the badass who dosent kiss the crowds ass week in and week out (ex. Cena) will be a success. But if they decide to screw with it and make him a cheesy babyface then his whole persona and character will be demolished. I hated his time as a face in 2004 when he split from evolution and that was only for a freakin month. Something about it was just uncomfortable and didn't feel right. He isn't the type of guy who should be playing that kind of character at all. He is the type of guy who I wouldn't mind seeing as a heel his entire carrer. Kinda like how Mysterio has been a face for his whole time in the E. I think Orton has the potential to be the greatest of his genetration and barring any bullshit from creative I think he will go down as one of the best ever. I just hate the fact that all the young kids are starting to mark for him. Along with seemingly everyone else who watches. I can remember a time where the number of true Orton fans was very small and the number of people who critisized him was pretty large. And by the way enough with the old "5 moves" bullshit. Cena has put on a shitload of really good matches and Orton has even more. So just stop.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Orton as face is just Orton doing all the same shit he does now but doing it to the heels. I don't see a huge difference coming up (besides going back to his old epic pose <3 ). I like Orton in general but I don't really see anything new with his character happening, it's just going to be flipped around as to who he punts and RKOs.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
I just hate the fact that all the young kids are starting to mark for him. Along with seemingly everyone else who watches. I can remember a time where the number of true Orton fans was very small and the number of people who critisized him was pretty large.

Orton's always had a pretty big following. Especially on this forum. Sure there are people that criticize him, but there's always those select few. Hell, people come up with ways to criticize the top wrestler in the world today. I'll withhold the name for the fear of hijaking this thread.

Double J

Reaction score
Also, I cant picture a heel punting someone, and giving them a concussion.

Do you mean face?

Think of Orton this way, of course face=hero and heel=villain, so Orton is the Wolverine or the Punisher of the wrestling heroes. They fight the villains but aren't afraid to shed blood doing so. Other faces will have a hard time trusting them but there's mutual respect between them.

Triple H use to be this way but he's been slowly drifting towards Superman Cena's way of being a face (with the last DX jokes run). I think it's great to have Orton play this role, it's a nice sidetrack from the usual face/heel interaction.

Only bad thing is Orton is getting to be like Triple H where no matter what he does or sales the fans are going to cheer him hence making it harder to push them as a true heel that everyone is suppose to hate. (which both Trips and Orton are better at playing than a true (Cena) face.)

maty619

Reaction score
Why does every face have to be compared to Cena? There are plenty of other faces that aren't anything like Cena.

noumenon

Reaction score
Can we please STOP the Orton threads?

Yeah, pretty sure there has been like three threads about Orton's face turn already. How is it even a question of whether he's a face or not. He's getting some of the biggest pops in the company. Regardless of what his character is doing... the fans love him... therefore he's a face.

...god...

Reaction score
Can we please STOP the Orton threads?
Seriously, this forums becoming so Blue now. Members just need to fuck off. If you're not a legend, rob, or one of the well-known posters, stick to not making a new thread. Same for all the stupid ass TNA/Hogan/Bischoff threads.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure there has been like three threads about Orton's face turn already. How is it even a question of whether he's a face or not. He's getting some of the biggest pops in the company. Regardless of what his character is doing... the fans love him... therefore he's a face.

Positive reaction from the crowd def. does not mean he's a face. When he was full blown heel people were cheering him.

noumenon

Reaction score
Yeah, he received scattered "RKO" chants, but the heat still vastly outweighed it. His reaction now is pretty solidly face reaction... probably only second to Cena and HHH at this point.

LKP

Reaction score
Actually, I think his in ring style has changed drastically. He works much more fast than he did as a heel.

And he is starting to develop the 5 moves of doom. Big clothesline, powerslam, headlock backbreaker, RKO . Sure he's done them all before, but now there's a sequence to them. In addition, he hasn't been using the chinlock as much, if at all.

Yeah since his so called run turn he has done them moves in that order. Well looks like as a face we will get to see them more now. I still think he needs to add another move or two. Hey you almost forgot that ddt in the ropes also :).