So, how to you think AJ will end up?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
AJ Styles has been booked in an interesting way recently, as if everything he does goes wrong, so to speak. He got pinned at Turning Point, which leads to him not being eligible for a WHC shot until BFG next year, and last night at Final Resolution he was beat by his long time rival Christopher Daniels in their "last" match with his own finishing move, cleanly. Where do you think this is going? Heel turn? Still a face, but a slight character change, with him feuding with other heels throughout the year as a bitter character but no big changes? Overcoming everything by, say, winning the BFG series and the World title next year (if that's possible)? Discuss.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It seems telegraphed the way it's booked that he will win the title at BFG next year. Sort of like thy went to him like "We love you man and you are the shit, but we have such a long line of guys who are legitimate main eventers... do this for us for now, and we'll get you back later"

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
True, I can see this going as a story where everything goes bad for AJ, who somehow enters the BFG series and is in the last place in the beginning, then he turns it around, wins and then wins the belt at BFG. It'd be nice if he won it from Daniels (overplayed match, ofc, but would make sense).

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Things will likely turn around in the near future

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Heel turn.

No thank you. He is too beloved and his move set is too mark-friendly to have him wasted wrestling as a heel. It would be TNA's equivalent of WWE trying to turn Rey Mysterio or Jawn See Naw

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
No thank you. He is too beloved and his move set is too mark-friendly to have him wasted wrestling as a heel. It would be TNA's equivalent of WWE trying to turn Rey Mysterio or Jawn See Naw

I don't agree with it either, I can just see it happening.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumor (read Meltzer report) circulating on the plan being to turn AJ into a bitter face but not fully turning him?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Wasn't there a rumor (read Meltzer report) circulating on the plan being to turn AJ into a bitter face but not fully turning him?

Yes.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't agree with it either, I can just see it happening.

I'd be pretty surprised. I can see them teasing it (as they already have) and having him hit rock bottom, maybe teeter on the edge of turning heel before dusting himself off and getting the title as a super over underdog face at BFG next year

Hopefully he wins the belt from Roode after Roode picks it up at say Lockdown or so and carries it for another 6+ month reign

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: So, how to you think AJ will end up?

Dolph'sZiggler said:

Bingo, he's a natural face. At this point I'd say turning AJ heel is similar to Sting turning in WCW, they're both the foundations of the companies face image.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Maybe the X Division for a while? Then after doing well in it they'll put him in the BFG next year and he can win the championship or just have the shot for it at least.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: So, how to you think AJ will end up?

Dr. CM Punk CPR Expert said:
Maybe the X Division for a while? Then after doing well in it they'll put him in the BFG next year and he can win the championship or just have the shot for it at least.

This works, it's an easy story he goes back to were it all started to rediscover his touch.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Heel, new persona (not completely, new finishing moves, new outfit and stuff.

He'll be a major player in the TNA scene in 2013.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just can't picture AJ trying to play a heel