So, How Long Until We Get Cena/Rusev?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Rusev wont rock more than a year, two max. He will fizzle hard imo. The mouthpiece will get old, the monster run will run down, and he will be the next Khali. Just my opinion, he doesnt really make me say wow outside of the stiff kick to the face.

I mean, come on. The camel clutch? Generic anti-usa wrestler finisher?

It really feels like Lana will be the one getting a big push out of this more than Rusev will. After Rusev, she could end up managing someone else, or becoming the General Manager (it'd be nice to have a female heel GM/authority figure other than Stephanie for a change), or stepping inside the ring, or whatever else.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Rusev the next Khali lol. The hate is getting boring. I guarantee once he starts getting proper feuds and lengthy matches, fans will like him.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
For some reason I think the only reason he was brought up was to be Cena's next meal.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Rusev the next Khali lOK. The hate is getting boring. I guarantee once he starts getting proper feuds and lengthy matches, fans will like him.

I doubt it the guy is such a generic 80s heel imo. His athletic ability loses its shock value very quickly and thats all he seems to have in his game. Facial expressions are comical from him as is his screaming thing and his selling when Big E attacked him was meh also for such a "monster" his mystique is pretty nonexistent so far. Just am IMO obviously, what upside do you see him offering?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think WWE's fall back on Russia v US storyline is running to dry and is killing Rusev's heat as IMO he has a lot of potential to be a monster heel. WWE doesn't know how to handle monster heels anymore.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
he will be the next Khali.
I ?

Speaking of Khali, isn't it about time he returned to be a part of this Rusev USA/Russia angle? As a new American citizen he should be fed to Rusev naturally being his size.

I give Rusev/Cena till Survivor Series at the latest!

AdamRose

Jobber
Reaction score
Samoa Joe says hi, Brock and Lashley too.

I don't get the Rusev hype in all honesty he just seems to be a generic monster who gets pushed to the top for a while then drops off, like a poor man's Umaga. His gimmick won't have much long term appeal and his ring ability isn't really "OMFG I wanna see this guy" good or anything IMO.

I don't think he could bury him, even being in the same ring as Cena elevates him compared to beating the Kofi''s and Ryders of this world.

Samoa Joe... agile? lol it ain't 2006. That fat lazy fuck is far from agile.

Big E is miles ahead of him.

I think Rusev and Cena will definitely lock horns at SummerSlam. Cena's been a huge supporter of Big E for a few years now, so I'm looking forward to a program with them if that ever happens.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

I think Rusev and Cena will definitely lock horns at SummerSlam. Cena's been a huge supporter of Big E for a few years now, so I'm looking forward to a program with them if that ever happens.

Joe isn't agile? Lol wut, have you seen his corner enziguri? That takes more athletic ability than any move big e hits with all his body checks and clotheslines and Rusev hits head kicks and that's it.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

In comparison to Big E, Joe isnt as special, but who said "in comparison to?"

Cool story, brah.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I did what has Big E hit thats been wow worthy? His middle rope spear is decent I suppose but not on Joe's level when talking athletic ability for a big man.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Why is the comparison necessary?

Nothing as far as they go. I was trying to point out the fact they are two different workers.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Someone said Ruse and E are the most athletic big men in wrestling or somthing similar.
it wasnt me bud. I was just meaning to say Big E vs Rusev in WWE = Big E will win in the long run.

It was the poster above me you have issue with, not me. Joe might have a questionable work ethic, but he is way above Rusev and Big E. I just didn't explain myself well.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Joe isn't agile? Lol wut, have you seen his corner enziguri? That takes more athletic ability than any move big e hits with all his body checks and clotheslines and Rusev hits head kicks and that's it.
Big E isn't even big. He's like 5'8.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Big E isn't even big. He's like 5'8.

:urm:

No one can look at Big E and think he's anything but a "Big Man." He's jacked up like one, wrestles like one (the bulk of his move set are power moves), and weighs close to 300 lbs, which easily fits the standard category for being considered "big." He's also billed at 5'11, not 5'8, although that could be WWE tacking on inches as usual.