So, Given The Response To Both Batista & Orton Recently

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
deezy for your information I watched the Elimination Chamber just last night, and have watched bits and pieces over the last year. Second when a comedian repeats the same material over and over again it becomes boring and loses its edge, you are no different.

Chris the segment when Henry tricked Cena was awesome and I give him him credit for his performance in that segment. Does one segment make a talent? No. Were the fans still bored to death by his matches with Cena? Yes. Was his Word Title reign previous to that feud a flop? Yes. I was watching the product back then and could hear the indifference or dead silence to Henry. Now this thread is not about Henry lets move on.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I never even mentioned his awesome FAKE retirement segment. His whole heel run was fucking awesome and don't act like the fans didn't care because they were hot as hell during his matches with Sheamus and Bryan. And the pop when he won the belt the first time was :homer:

But yeah, we can move on now just know that I won't be taking your opinion seriously again until you go back and watch some late 2011.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I never even mentioned his awesome FAKE retirement segment. His whole heel run was fucking awesome and don't act like the fans didn't care because they were hot as hell during his matches with Sheamus and Bryan. And the pop when he won the belt the first time was :homer:

But yeah, we can move on now just know that I won't be taking your opinion seriously again until you go back and watch some late 2011.

The key there are the names Sheamus and Bryan. And now we can move on...

AF.

Reaction score
I think someone said it best when they said HHH vs. Bryan earlier on in the night, and if Bryan wins he becomes #1 contender.

Bryan uses his #1 contender claus and adds himself to the match, creating a triple threat. Batista cuts a heel promo before the match basically telling everyone to fuck themselves and that he only came back for the money.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
deezy for your information I watched the Elimination Chamber just last night, and have watched bits and pieces over the last year. Second when a comedian repeats the same material over and over again it becomes boring and loses its edge, you are no different.

Chris the segment when Henry tricked Cena was awesome and I give him him credit for his performance in that segment. Does one segment make a talent? No. Were the fans still bored to death by his matches with Cena? Yes. Was his Word Title reign previous to that feud a flop? Yes. I was watching the product back then and could hear the indifference or dead silence to Henry. Now this thread is not about Henry lets move on.
So let me get this straight, you watched bits and pieces and think that justifies your opinion as being "informed" give me a break, the only thing tired is your so-called "expert" opinions on shit you know nothing about. I've seen a few episodes of Walking Dead, it doesn't mean I know everything about that show. And what's to move on from? You're the one who derailed this whole thread to give us your two bits about so and so not being over, when you have nothing to back it up on, but you're interpretations of clips you've seen on youtube and other peopls opinions you try to pass off as your own.

Kahuna

Reaction score
The absolute best solution to Batista vs Orton... Controlled/canned crowd reactions. From WWE standpoint, of course.

For us? Turn the volume up, watch the reactions of these guys and let the crowd go wild. I can't wait to hear the crowd just go Lesnar/Goldberg or December to Dismember x10 on this match. They let this match end the show, and all I have to say is haha. WWE will have fucked up on the grandest stage of them all.

Last edited:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
You all still acting upset and surprised about Batista heat?

The guy got gassed in his match at Elimination Chamber vs. Del Rio. A match that lasted just over 8 minutes, and Batista mounted all of 2 minutes of offense, with maybe 8 moves total. Batista was eating strikes and "selling" chinlocks the whole match... no running... not lifting his man. There was literally NO PHYSICAL EFFORT on the part of a jacked up meat-head who shouldn't have such horrible stamina.

Meanwhile, the older, supposedly (according to Meltzer's lying ass) crippled Undertaker wrestles for 20+ minutes a year running, jumping, & lifting his opponent and doesn't get blown up.

Obviously more plays into Batista's heat... but the fact he literally can't hang in the ring right now is apparent to the fans and it has an impact on how they take to him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At least now Batista's back to his AWESOME heel ways. Just hope these terrible fans don't start cheering him now because of that.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'm just so confused on what their going to do with Orton now. Batista has gone heel and WWE booked Orton to be a pussy, complaining heel. Not like the awesome Viper Heel of 09. So do they turn Orton face because Batista is so hated? But they just spent the last 4-6 months trying to get him over as a heel. Would make all that seem worthless. A Heel vs. Heel main event at 30 just doesn't look right. Thats why I still think a 3rd person is going to be entered into that match just to add in a face. WWE's biggest face, Bryan. He doesn't even need to win. Just put him in the match to give the live fans a reason to care about this match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, you can work face vs face way easier than heel vs heel. And with the way they've booked everything so far, it seems like it's gonna' just be Batista/Del Rio again only with Orton playing Del Rio's part and that's not 'Mania worthy. I think they're definitely going to do something else with the match at this point, but who knows? There's still weeks to build it up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How many times does WWE have to tell everyone that there is no fsce or heels?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, you can work two guys that are cheered way easier than two that are trying to be booed. And with the way they've booked everything so far, it seems like it's gonna' just be Batista/Del Rio again only with Orton playing Del Rio's part and that's not 'Mania worthy. I think they're definitely going to do something else with the match at this point, but who knows? There's still weeks to build it up.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
How many times does WWE have to tell everyone that there is no fsce or heels?
It's wrestling. In wrestling, you have faces, and you have heels. And sometimes you have tweeners. WWE says that line all the time to mess with the IWC and the smarks. But anyone who watches the program knows that they still do ALL THE CLASSIC face and heel shit. They promote the Hell out of the "likable guys" and they talk about how despicable the "unlikable guys" are. The likable guys play up to the crowd for cheers... the unlikable guys call the men in the audience "fat slobs" and no-job losers who, hypocritically, pay their hard-earned money to see them. And you're incorrect anyways. WWE doesn't tell people there aren't faces and heels... they just don't acknowledge the two terms. They will, however, play up to the cheers and boos.

Stop forcing an idea that doesn't exist just because WWE wants to blur the lines between fiction and reality. Vince is so enamored by the success of Stone Cold being a Tweener... he thinks he can get someone else somewhere on his roster to get over by not being a different person as a heel than they are as a face.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Austin stopped being tweener in 97. And heel/face is such an outdated concept you,may as well do the macarena while you say "what?"

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Austin stopped being tweener in 97. And heel/face is such an outdated concept you,may as well do the macarena while you say "what?"
Austin NEVER stopped being a Tweener, lmfao. What the Hell are you talking about!? The guy's WHOLE CAREER was to be himself... do things no "good guy" does but have the support of the crowd like no "bad guy" does.

And how is heel/face an outdated concept? IT IS WRESTLING! THE WHOLE PREMISE is that one guy gets heat, the other guy gets a pop. The guy getting the heat is supposed to do dirty shit to get cheap wins. The guy who gets the pop needs to come up with a way to counter the cheap tactics and get a heroic win. Guy who gets the heat = heel. Guy who gets the pop = face. Whether you call them "heel" and "face" or not is your decision, but that's what they are. The day the CONCEPT is outdated is the day wrestling can't exist anymore. The TERMS? You could say that but I still disagree 100% with you there.

Reactions: Keith