So, are they unifying the titles?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
But he gets on TV every week and I guess that championship is a reason why (not including Swagger when he held it). Meh, I'm just a hater of the US championship in total so I'll be relieved to see it go, but I'll probably be let down.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
You know my thoughts on these belts, they are meaningless by nature. The WWE/WHC say you are the best this company has to offer, the Tag straps make you the best tag team, and the Divas' make you the best women's wre... Model. What do the IC and US belts symbolize? Best in the world/US? Not if the WWE/WHC mean more... Mid-card champ? Even to casuals, it just means you are the "best of the rest", especially the way WWE's midcard is packaged as a bunch of irrelevant filler. Woo hoo.

Plus, they give UnCreative yet another crutch so they don't have to actually do their jobs and write storylines. Get rid of them both.

Maybe I'm just newer and didn't see what the belt can do before, but I don't see what you could do to make that belt relevant. TNA's crowded ass roster doesn't have enough room to spotlight everyone, so the TV Title guaranteeing you a spotlight each week means something. WWE is adamant to keep the NXT/Superstars guys off of TV (unless they are getting squashed) so that doesn't really matter either.

As for them opening up room for the Tag straps, not really. They have to protect the Night of Champions gimmick so 1 belt is usually left off each PPV.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't really mind about them unifying the titles, the US belt is meaningless, so it doesn't really matter whether the title is active or not. Cody holding both belts could be nice. Having the title doesn't mean you'll get TV time or anything, but since WWE doesn't know how to book the midcard, I believe nothing will happen and we'll continue with two belts.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
IC TItle + US Title = resurrection of the European title? :shock:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't get the hate for the Ic title. Rhodes bought some prestige to it just last year. His feud with Booker made people care. Rhodes holding the belt made people care. It had a nice new look, it's the most attractive belt on the roster. It's so easy to revamp the midcard. I understand the hate for the US Championship title though.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rhodes was doing a great job with the IC title until they had him feud with Big Show. It's getting back on track though, since Cody's the champ again. The US Title has been meaningless since Ryder won it.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Did Ryder ever get his US Title rematch?

Not worth a new thread, lol

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo C said:
Rhodes was doing a great job with the IC title until they had him feud with Big Show. It's getting back on track though, since Cody's the champ again. The US Title has been meaningless since Ryder won it.

This. People need to understand if you're feuding with Big Show, whether you win or not, you've lost. He will make you look like shit. Rhodes used to be heavily boo'd every ep by every crowd. Now what? He was splitting cheers with Santino on Monday. Rhodes needs mic time every week, destroy Santino, become the unified title, interrupt main-event segments. Then WWE need to promote from within, a guy with charisma and mic skills who can be a face. Hmm, Riley? Yes. An IC title with two good talkers = a strong base for a revamp.

Miz was US champion, he was a nobody, but that was the most interesting the US title has been for years. Why? Because he can talk and work the crowd.

Rainman said:
Did Ryder ever get his US Title rematch?

Not worth a new thread, lol

Nope. They milked his popularity for merch sales then washed the floor with him.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rhodes vs Riley would be good, but I'm not sure people remember who Riley is. He is relatively cheered when he wrestles on NXT and Superstars, right? It could be worth a shot. But in the end of the day, the only truth is that Big Show screws everything up. :haha:

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Maybe they shouldn't have any belts at all. In the Indy shows the belts mean so much more. I know the wrestlers appreciate holding gold, but if the companies don't then why have any at all?

Reactions: Snowman1

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Leo C said:
I believe he didn't. Good old WWE and their logical booking. :haha:

Yes he did. The SD after Santino won it he beat Jack in a steel cage match, remember?

Snowman1

Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Yes he did. The SD after Santino won it he beat Jack in a steel cage match, remember?

He meant Ryder's rematch. Swagger got his.