So, are they unifying the titles?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
God I hope so. It would give the title more cred since with less titles it would allow for longer feuds and more focus for the ones that exist.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I think so, Crayo. But I hope Santino gets that honor.
They've already wasted too much of Cody Rhodes' time, get this guy ready for the main event already!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Testify said:

Honour*

You're welcome.

Rainman said:
I think so, Crayo. But I hope Santino gets that honor.
They've already wasted too much of Cody Rhodes' time, get this guy ready for the main event already!

I, like you, desperately want Rhodes in the main-event but he's still so young so he has plenty of time. Unifying the titles is a very good way of legitimising that title again. He can still be the unified IC title holder and be in the main-event of segments. I think it's a waste personally to give it to Santino.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Honour*

You're welcome.

I, like you, desperately want Rhodes in the main-event but he's still so young so he has plenty of time. Unifying the titles is a very good way of legitimising that title again. He can still be the unified IC title holder and be in the main-event of segments. I think it's a waste personally to give it to Santino.

Especially if we want the title to mean something. Sure Santino has defended his title multiple times since getting it but it still doesn't mean anything. Santino is to much a comedy character to give it cred. When Ryder and Ziggler feuded over it it wasn't a problem that Ryder is more jokerish then Dolph since Ryder still showed a serious side of himself and that made the title worth something to see these two guys fued over it so seriously. Santino cannot keep up a serious feud which is needed to give a title worth and cred.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I lol'd @ calling what they are doing feuding. They are random add ins in the Punk/Bryan tag match and then have a match on SD. Pathetic that that qualifies as a 'feud' in WWE at the moment.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I lol'd @ calling what they are doing feuding. They are random add ins in the Punk/Bryan tag match and then have a match on SD. Pathetic that that qualifies as a 'feud' in WWE at the moment.

Sad state of affairs indeed but it's a good thing that they're finally uinifying imo (if they are actually doing that).

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
What all feuds do we have right now on the main shows?

Cena vs Ace
Brock vs Triple H
I guess Cesaro vs :tagteammatch:
Sheamus vs Orton (The only one involving two wrestlers)

That's it, isn't it? And there aren't any other storylines other than the Show firing and Daniel Bryan and AJ, or am I forgetting some? (Brodus Clay being fat and squashing people doesn't count)

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
You goes is as good as my?

604dbd984f80b875b2429d9feab6d4fb.png

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Sad state of affairs indeed but it's a good thing that they're finally uinifying imo (if they are actually doing that).

I don't believe they are. We've seen IC Champs feud with US Champs in the past, and I haven't seen any hint of it from WWE that they are going down this path. Unified or not it doesn't really make a difference. WWE doesn't know how to book the mid card, having 1 or 2 mid card belts wouldn't change that fact.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I don't believe they are. We've seen IC Champs feud with US Champs in the past, and I haven't seen any hint of it from WWE that they are going down this path. Unified or not it doesn't really make a difference. WWE doesn't know how to book the mid card, having 1 or 2 mid card belts wouldn't change that fact.

Even if they don't build the mid card it helps WWE as a whole. It can open up a space for tag-team titles to be defended at every PPV and have regular segments on RAW. Plus more tag-teams and actually use the midcard talent instead of random midcard gay ass feuds.

They have to unify imo, there's no point in a champion v champion feud if they're not unifying or have incredibly personal beef with each other. What does Cody gain from feuding with Cobraboy?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You act like WWE does things for a reason. Of course there isn't a point to it, just like 99.9% of everything they book.

As far as it opening up time for other things.. it's not like WWE gives a lot of time to those belts anyway. We haven't had a real feud for the US Title since Ryder/Dolph. Neither belt is slated to be defended at the next PPV.