Smackdown to move to the USA Network in 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
Entertainment Weekly:

USA Network is about to be the go-to spot for WWE: SmackDown is making the move to the network next year.

USA already airs Monday Night Raw for three hours each week and will be the home for WWE Tough Enough once the reality competition show returns for its sixth season June 23.

Since its 1999 debut, SmackDown has broadcast over 800 episodes, earning it the title of television’s second longest-running weekly episodic program (first place belongs to Monday Night Raw). The show will begin airing on USA in early 2016.

Thoughts?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Damn, the USA Network is really becoming WWE's channel now. Doesn't affect me much due to it being on a different channel in England but I do hope this boosts viewership up.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I expect SD's ratings for the week to go up drastically, mainly due to the USA Network being in more homes and being more known versus Sci-Fyi

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's good I guess. Having both shows on one network can help ratings for an already high rated show. Big loss for sci-fi though

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I think this is a good move that should get Smackdown better ratings than the ones they get on Syfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew

Reaction score
This is great news! For the SyFy channel.

They've become known as the wrestling channel in sci fi circles and people blame it for the mediocre run of the network for the last 8-10 years.

Now they'll have to actually produce good program and stop relying on SD to bring in all the advertising.

BTW while USA is mor known, is bet SyFy is in the same amount of homes If not pretty close.

I could be wrong though.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
This is great news! For the SyFy channel.

They've become known as the wrestling channel in sci fi circles and people blame it for the mediocre run of the network for the last 8-10 years.

Now they'll have to actually produce good program and stop relying on SD to bring in all the advertising.

BTW while USA is mor known, is bet SyFy is in the same amount of homes If not pretty close.

I could be wrong though.

Syfy is on every basic cable package.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Damn, the USA Network is really becoming WWE's channel now. Doesn't affect me much due to it being on a different channel in England but I do hope this boosts viewership up.

It was that way in the 1990s. You had RAW and Primetime wrestling. Also, Heat, Superstars, and the Saturday morning show were all on USA.

This is a good move in my opinion.