• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smackdown thread, August 27 2021: The Man returns to SmackDown

Dale

Super Moderator
Super fun show, I feel bad for Finn though. First he gets overshadowed by John Cena and now he's about to get overshadowed by Brock Lesnar who people were no doubt waiting for. I mean it probably wouldn't be the worst idea if he got screwed outta the match by Brock and they used that to push his character forward a little more.

Great to see Becky back and dropping a couple of those heely lines, really looking forward to see how she progresses with as time goes on. Glad both her and Bianca didn't suffer in terms of crowd reactions from the SummerSlam debacle. Fourway match was fun as fuck, especially when it got down to Bianca and Liv but i'd like them to move on from Carmella and Zelina.

Gimme more Otis please, never thought i'd be saying that but i'm loving it right now. Cesaro getting beat down by a duo and looking like he's going to need a partner? Interesting they left that option open....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Source: f4wonline.com

Friday's episode of SmackDown averaged 2.25 million viewers on Fox, up seven percent from the previous week. It was the highest viewership for the show since the July 16 SmackDown that kicked off WWE's return to touring.

The show featured SmackDown's fallout from SummerSlam, which included the returns of both Becky Lynch and Brock Lesnar. New SmackDown Women's Champion Lynch was on the episode, but Lesnar didn't appear.

SmackDown drew a 0.59 rating in the 18-49 demo, up 3.5 percent from the previous week. It's SmackDown's best number in that category since August 6.

Like the last two weeks, SmackDown was preempted in several markets for NFL preseason football. Both the overall viewership and 18-49 demo number would've been even higher without that.

Year-over-year, SmackDown was up 4.9 percent in total viewers. The show dropped 1.7 percent in the 18-49 demo from the same week in 2020.

As compared to the 10-week average, as shown in the chart below, SmackDown was up 8.7 percent in total viewers and up 5.4 percent in 18-49.

sd_ratings_9.png

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Those are some good number compared to the previous weeks. Smackdown actually had a good show overrall. We got the return of Becky Lynch, as well starting to see new feuds pop up. They did beat NFL pre season ratings that was a 1.164 M. Good work on the Smackdown team and good job on continue the momentum from Summerslam Fall out.