Smackdown *SPOILERS* taped 5/24/24

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Before airing on Fox tonight, SmackDown’s King & Queen of the Ring go-home show was taped in Saudi Arabia on Friday. The episode aired live in some international markets.

– Wrestlers were shown arriving to the arena. WWE also showed the announcement Paul “Triple H” Levesque made revealing that the King & Queen of the Ring tournament winners will receive title shots at SummerSlam.

– Queen of the Ring semifinal match: Nia Jax defeated Bianca Belair

The story for the match involved Belair having a hurt knee, which gave out when she went to hit the KOD on Jax. That allowed Jax to get the victory.

Jax advances to face Lyra Valkyria in the tournament finals at WWE King & Queen of the Ring this Saturday. Valkyria was in the crowd for Jax vs. Belair. In a post-match interview, Jax said she’s going to buzz through Valkyria to become Queen of the Ring and then go on to win the WWE Women’s Championship at SummerSlam.

– Grayson Waller & Austin Theory were shown backstage.

– Belair was backstage icing her knee after the match. Tiffany Stratton walked up to Belair and mocked her. Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell did as well. Jade Cargill then got involved and said she was going to go talk to Nick Aldis, setting up a WWE Women’s Tag Team title match with Belair & Cargill defending against LeRae & Hartwell. That was later made official for the King & Queen of the Ring pre-show.

– LA Knight was supposed to appear on The Grayson Waller Effect, but Carmelo Hayes came down to the ring instead. Waller & Theory agreed that Hayes is a better guest than Knight. Hayes suggested that they work together against the veterans of SmackDown.

Hayes said Bobby Lashley, Baron Corbin, and Knight are selfish egomaniacs. Knight then made his entrance. The segment led to Hayes launching an attack on Knight. He fought back but Waller and Theory joined in. The Street Profits then ran out to help Knight even the odds.

– A Blair Davenport hype video aired.

– LA Knight & The Street Profits defeated Carmelo Hayes, Grayson Waller & Austin Theory

Montez Ford got the pin on Waller.

– Cody Rhodes shook hands with Randy Orton backstage and wished him good luck in King of the Ring.

– Tama Tonga and Paul Heyman were shown backstage.

– Rhodes appeared in front of the crowd, but Logan Paul interrupted him before he could say anything. Paul claimed that he’s smarter than Rhodes, a better athlete than him, and a better performer. After giving his brass knuckles to Michael Cole at yesterday’s press conference, Paul reiterated that he won’t need to cheat to beat Rhodes at King & Queen of the Ring.

Though Paul claimed not to have brass knuckles, Rhodes called his bluff and had the referee search him. The referee found brass knuckles in the search. Paul initially claimed they were his brother Jake Paul’s pants but then admitted that they were his.

Rhodes said that, until Paul dedicates himself full-time and respects the ring they’re standing in, he will never be on Rhodes’ level and will never be Undisputed WWE Champion. Rhodes promised to beat Paul so bad that Paul will regret ever stepping into the ring with him.

– Byron Saxton interviewed Randy Orton.

– Nia Jax and Bayley had an interaction with Jax telling Bayley to keep the WWE Women’s Championship safe until SummerSlam.

– DIY interrupted an interview with The Street Profits. Though they respect The Street Profits, DIY want the next shot at Waller & Theory’s WWE Tag Team titles. If DIY have to go through The Street Profits, so be it. The segment ended with Tommaso Ciampa dumping out Ford’s party cup.

– Bayley defeated Chelsea Green

Immediately after the match, Piper Niven attacked Bayley and laid her out.

– AJ Styles approached Nick Aldis in his office. Pointing out how close he came at Backlash, Styles asked for another shot at the Undisputed WWE Championship. Aldis said he would personally love to give Styles another chance, but Styles has to earn it.

Styles responded by saying he doesn’t have that much time left in his career. Aldis said he can’t help Styles with that.

– A video aired hyping that Andrade is coming to SmackDown soon. Berto wasn’t happy about it and said Andrade should have stayed on Raw, but Angel thinks Andrade is skilled and could be valuable to Legado Del Fantasma. Santos Escobar said they should let bygones be bygones and think about business.

– Tama Tonga was shown getting ready for his King of the Ring semifinal match against Randy Orton.

Paul Heyman said Tanga Loa isn’t at the show because they couldn’t get him across the border. Heyman told Solo Sikoa that Sikoa is recruiting very dangerous people into The Bloodline, and there’s a reason they weren’t brought in before.

Sikoa said that, until Roman Reigns is back, he’s in charge. If there are any problems, Heyman needs to fix them.

– King of the Ring semifinal match: Randy Orton defeated Tama Tonga

Orton advances to face Gunther in the finals. Like Valkyria earlier, Gunther was in the front row watching this match.

An RKO got the win for Orton after Sikoa tried to interfere. After the match, Sikoa attacked Orton and gave him a Samoan spike. Kevin Owens ran out to save Orton from the attack.

SmackDown ended with Orton and Gunther having a staredown.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bayley getting Piper at Clash and then Nia at SummerSlam? I couldn't be any less interested if I tried to be,

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Bayley getting Piper at Clash and then Nia at SummerSlam? I couldn't be any less interested if I tried to be,
Seems like it and I'm with you. Nia had done well since coming back but why would I care about Jax vs Bayley when I know Bayley is retaining the SD Women's Title to the point I would bet the House on it if I had one.

Gunther vs Orton on the other hand big time interested in that bout. It's going to get really nasty between the two.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Saw some clips from the show and they definitely seem to be shifting Tama's character a little bit. The weird noises he was making last week and his entrance from this show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Saw some clips from the show and they definitely seem to be shifting Tama's character a little bit. The weird noises he was making last week and his entrance from this show.

I think they're fucking up here but I'll wait and see how it goes. Tama is a really good promo tho, better than Solo for sure and they can use it. Loa isn't, they can leave the grunting to him lol

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think they're fucking up here but I'll wait and see how it goes. Tama is a really good promo tho, better than Solo for sure and they can use it. Loa isn't, they can leave the grunting to him lol
I'm wondering if they're trying to inject a bit of personality (or whatever word you want to use) into the group as a bunch of silent types really isn't that interesting even though i've personally been enjoying what they've been doing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm wondering if they're trying to inject a bit of personality (or whatever word you want to use) into the group as a bunch of silent types really isn't that interesting even though i've personally been enjoying what they've been doing.

Yeah I've been a huge fan of them, I think the "bloodline downgrade narrative" is unfair bc obviously the intentions are to make you want Roman back so they're supposed to not be as cool. But every backstage segment they do just feels more eh to me, it's night and day compared to the in-ring angles they've been apart of which have been hot af

Reactions: Dale

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think they have Lyra beat Nia and we get her v Becky rematch. It’s a great story

DammitC

Reaction score
INSERT ALL of the following later tonight here:

"Who the F*CK let Bianca Belair speak? :mj4 "

"F*CK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'

" HERE HE COMES"

" WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

"GOATY RHODES :mark: :drose "

"Hide your managers"

"Chelsea is here"