Smackdown Spoilers for Friday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):

* The Smackdown roster is on the stage to open the show with John Laurinaitis discussing Triple H's job as COO. Laurinaitis introduces World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. Henry cuts a promo about how long it took him to win the title and how he doesn't plan on losing it. Triple H comes out and Christian immediately demands a title shot. Hunter announces Christian vs. Mark Henry in a lumberjack match for the World Heavyweight Championship later tonight. The winner will defend the title at WWE Hell in a Cell against Randy Orton.

* Sheamus b. Heath Slater after hitting the Brogue Kick

* Backstage, Christian looks to The Great Khali for help in his match tonight against Mark Henry.

* Wade Barrett b. Justin Gabriel

* Backstage, Matt Striker interviews Randy Orton about his World Heavyweight Championship shot at WWE Hell in a Cell in two weeks.

* Christian, still looking for help, consults with Ezekiel Jackson backstage.

* Beth Phoenix & Natalya b. AJ & Kaitlyn.

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes b. Randy Orton via disqualification. Orton went crazy after the match and ended up with blood everywhere. They cleaned the blood off him and he continued to go at it, giving Rhodes the RKO on the announce table.

* Backstage, Christian offers Sheamus a potato in exchange for help in tonight's main event. Sheamus takes a bite and spits it in Christian's face. He tells him potatoes are from Idaho, not Ireland.

* The Great Khali b. Jinder Mahal

* Sin Cara b. Daniel Bryan. After the match, Cara's feud with Sin Cara resumed.

* WWE Tag Team Champions Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston b. Jimmy & Jey Uso

* Backstage, Christian looks to Zack Ryder for help but Ryder gets a call from Hugh Jackman.

* World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry b. Christian in a lumberjack match to retain. It'll be Henry defending against Randy Orton at WWE Hell in a Cell.​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
- Henry continues to look strong by delivering another promo. I'm a fan of Henry's promos but what annoys me is Christian wanting one more shot again and again and again, come on... It's already boring!

- Sheamus facing Heath Slater... why? Can't they have Sheamus against anybody else here? I would have preferred Barrett again.

- Christian is proving to be a weak contender by looking for people... Hey, didn't Del Rio do that, he lost the title now. Either do something reluctant with Christian or just shove him in mid-card hell.

- Barrett over Gabriel, that's alright seeing the tag match that happened last week with Gabriel getting that pin. Could we see a mini-feud, I'd like to see it.

- Boreton interview, either way Henry's still gonna f*ck you up Orton.

- Diva's match that has no point really... Why can't Tamina or Fox face Beth & Nattie for once?!

- BLOOD! God Damn f*ckin' editing. Orton looks pissed off and he DQ'd himself, what a heel! Oh wait, he's face... Right.

- Christian offering a potato? What the fuck? You're not Johnny Curtis... So random.

- Khali/Mahal is a snore fest by the looks of it, Mahal's career is over before it began to be honest. I see no potential in using him further than he is right now, I'd like to be proven wrong.

- Mistico beat Bryan (Please use Kidd or someone else to face Sin Cara ffs), this is like the 6th time they've faced off... Hunico comes out as well. Bring on the feud!

- Nice to see The Uso's getting a match with Air Boom, hope it was entertaining. Uso's need to have a shot against Air Boom.

- Ryder got a call from Jackman, I enjoyed him last night. I would seriously give WWE a Thumbs Up if they ever use him in future references.

- Henry wins, lumberjack match. So, Christian continues to lose time after time, no more shots for Christian already. Why didn't they just have Sheamus distracting Christian leading to Christian retaliating on Sheamus and blaming him for the loss? You'd set the damn feud for HIAC then...

- Stacked show, but nothing else has been booked. SMFH!

BronzyCoder

Reaction score
Christian offered a potato because of the Irish Potato Famine, many often use potatoes to represent Ireland. It's meant to be disrespectful and sarcastic, pretty creative way to get heat.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I lost it when I read that Christian offered him a potato. I shouldn't laugh at it but I found it really funny.

Eight matches on the show is impressive only if they aren't all three minute matches.

- Sheamus is a squash doesn't surprise me. They will keep feeding him heels until they can give him a big name.

- Barrett beating Gabriel hopefully leads to something and isn't a random match.

- Good to see Natalya and Beth winning but they need to do that on RAW as well.

- I don't understand this feud with Rhodes and Orton. This needs to go somewhere but whilst Rhodes is IC champion nothing will happen. Don't like the idea of Orton completely destroying the IC champion.

- Khali vs. Jinder is a joke. They should have remained as a team for more than one match.

- Sin Cara vs. Bryan again I don't mind since it is simply to continue the Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara feud.

- Good to see a tag team match between two proper teams on the show. Hopefully The Uso's get a title shot soon enough.

- Henry winning is no surprise and Orton vs. Henry again was expected.

- I liked Christian going around trying to find people to help him. He is a cowardly heel so it is expected.

Overall it looks like a decent show as long as the matches aren't all squashes.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
302937_251707381537219_180270122014279_699368_181048797_n.jpg

Orton did this to Rhodes at the tapings. What a Douche. I know it won't of been intentional but Orton needs to loosen the hell up and stop being so god damn stiff. He made Rhodes bleed the hard way, how fucking stupid. He forgets he's a face and he needs to calm the hell down and be a role model not a bad example.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This would have been scripted. If it wasn't then they would have re-shot the angle. I know you don't like Orton but you can't blame him for this which wouldn't have been intentional.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
It's PG though, any of the blood won't be able to be shown unless WWE suddenly decide it's allowed again. I doubt Rhodes would've bladed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He definitely wouldn't have bladed. The doctor would have went out to clean it all up so that it can be edited and cleaned up. I am sure it was meant to be a brutal beatdown and something happened during it either a bad punch by Orton, bad positioning by Rhodes or a bad fall. Be interesting to read some more reports on when the blood actually started and what move caused it to happen.

Seak

Reaction score
Orton hit Rhodes with the bell, actually catching him with the metal bell busting him up the hard way. He was bloody as hell, but between trying to cover Rhodes with a towel and editing the beatdown, you barely saw anything on TV. What pisses me off is that if someone did that to Orton, it would have basically been the end of their career.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Orton hit Rhodes with the bell, actually catching him with the metal bell busting him up the hard way. He was bloody as hell, but between trying to cover Rhodes with a towel and editing the beatdown, you barely saw anything on TV. What pisses me off is that if someone did that to Orton, it would have basically been the end of their career.

Have to agree with you there Seak. I wonder if Orton will be fined like they're supposed to.