Smackdown spoilers for 6/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Shield needed to lose to further the story. You could tell they had no idea where to go, the amount of times we've seen The Shield/Hell No+orton is rather high. Now The Shield has lost, there is a reason for them to continue having matches. Notice how Bryan has been shoving Kane away, wanting to team with Orton? It all smells of a heel turn at the PPV. Then Bryan is without Kane because he's pushed him away, and now Orton/Bryan have a programme.
Bryan hasn't been pushing to team with Orton until now. He's been picking fights with him. The driving factor for Bryan is him wanting to prove himself to Kane (who has a sort of father role in their dynamic) and that he can do fine on his own. That mixed with Randy Orton's egotistical lonewolf character makes for a battle of wills.

One of the two will go heel at or after payback. And judging by the results here it will be Orton. Makes more sense for the snubbed veteran to turn heel on the up and comer than the up and comer who just scored a major pinfall.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I knew that :notsure:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They've lost one match lol, calling it the downfall is jumping the gun slightly isn't it?

I meant the booking downfall. The split for example. Way too soon for them to lose and for it to happen on SmackDown sucks. They needed a high before splitting imo. Imagine the undefeated team literally dominating WWE from the top. They could have gone anywhere with this story, and I guess they still can. Them losing on the B show is just disappointing as hell. Should have happened on PPV.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Axel getting a pinfall victory :yes:

Axel pinning the IC champ making the title look even less important :no:

They should have had Axel beat Miz then have Barrett come out and beat down both of them. However, that would make the midcard champ look strong and we wouldn't want that, would we?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I agree it should have happened on PPV but I'm not against a loss for a couple of different reasons. For one, six man tag matches aren't their only gig anymore. When it was, it was almost essential that they remain undefeated but given that they've now branched out into winning gold (keeping a hold of that should be their main priority) and have also lost singles matches themselves, they don't necessarily need to maintain this aura of invincibility of being undefeated. I did like the idea that they were always more vulnerable when left on their own as opposed to when they were together as a group but that leads into my next point...

The guys who finally scored the victory were guys who already lost themselves a handful of times, be it together or with different partners. This just means that they, especially Bryan, were able to dig deep down and score a victory this ONE time over The Shield to give them their crowning moment. It's not like a brand new team (much less an unworthy one) just came in and took 'em out. So Shield still have plenty to brag about. They've still never lost to a team that they haven't triumphed over themselves. That's the best way to book their first team loss IMO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
* Heath Slater beat The Great Khali after hitting a DDT. 3MB distracted Khali and Hornswoggle was involved.

MOTYC?

Reactions: seabs

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't not look at this... trying not to look at spoilers and give Smackdown a chance since WWE has improved lately...

...so yay, spoilers, now I won't waste my time watching (all of) this trash! :yay: